B4J Question JavaFX 13?

Bruce Axtens

Licensed User
Longtime User
How do I set up B4J to use JavaFX 13? I have Java 13 installed and the IDE is pointing to it appropriately? BTW, despite the fact that it says "Java Version: 8" below, the IDE is pointing to "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-13.0.1\bin\javac.exe"

B4J Version: 8.00
Java Version: 8
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Building folders structure. (0.01s)
Compiling code. (0.01s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.00s)
Organizing libraries. (0.00s)
Compiling generated Java code. Error
src\b4j\example\main.java:7: error: package javafx.application does not exist
public class main extends javafx.application.Application{
^
1 error
only showing the first 1 errors, of 6 total; use -Xmaxerrs if you would like to see more

javac 13.0.1

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You should use the java 11 package downloaded from: https://www.b4x.com/b4j.html

It is possible to use Java 13 however you will need to see how the above Java package is structured and build the structure yourself. You will most probably won't gain any benefit from this. Also note that Java 13 is a short term supported version.

Upvote 0

bdunkleysmith

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's interesting that you've raised this @Bruce Axtens because @moster67 pointed out to me that Java 13 may be useful "since support for native rendering by supporting WritableImages backed by NIO ByteBuffers has been added, at least according to this article." This would benefit the project I am working on referred to in these posts: NDI SDK and Write image data from buffer to a bitmap.

Please keep us informed if you successfully implement Java 13 based on the instructions provided by @Erel

Upvote 0

Bruce Axtens

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've asked for some help at DEV. Watch there for progress. I will report back here at the end.

Upvote 0

Bruce Axtens

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel where do I specify the -Xmaxerrs setting? I want to see more errors. I'm referring to the window that says, "showing the first 1 errors, of 6 total; use -Xmaxerrs if you would like to see more"

Also, if I wanted to emit some java into the output stream, is there a mechanism to do so? Currently I'm wondering if I need to embed an explicit import statement into Objects\src\b4j\example\main.java

I've duplicated the directory structure as much as possible between v11 and v13. Still nothing.

Upvote 0

Bruce Axtens

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've put a copy of the Java 13 folder into my dropbox just FYI.

Upvote 0