B4A Library JpegUtils library gives access to Exif data

daemon

Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh!

Initialize takes a file and DecodeThumbnail takes Byte array. Why is it so?

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @agraham - in doing some testing with an existing app running on an Android N device, I'm finding that calling the .Initialize method is causing the following error:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: AssetsDir/pet2.png (No such file or directory)

It doesn't happen on previous versions of Android & it doesn't happen if I just initialize & display a bitmap without trying to use your library. Looking at the Android Developer documentation for ExifInterface, I notice there have been some changes for Android N so I'm wondering if maybe they have changed something in the constructor you use in the library?

UPDATE: I don't think it's an issue with the constructor because if I copy the file to Files.DirInternal, then call the exif functions it works fine. It seems to be something that the library (or the API) doesn't like about the Files.DirAssets directory all of a sudden.

Thanks - Colin.

Last edited:

b2mvga

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry open this old topic... but... I search in all page and not found the library file download link...

I need use the ExifData in my app but I cant´t find the jpegutils library...

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry open this old topic... but... I search in all page and not found the library file download link...
Post #1 of this thread!!! Look inside the example.zip... the jar and xml are there.

mjcoon

Licensed User
Thank you, but i need the value in grades ( fox example 38,5448521455895), how i can convert it? another question whit exif i tried to set the lat lon coordinates in a pic, but it don't works

whitout a clear example is very hard for me to undestand, cause i'm not a expert :( thenk you
Did you ever get it sorted, or gave up? (Now I realise why I so often see positions in EXIF botched up!)