Android Question Kiosk Mode Not Working. (App is pinned issue)

German Buchmuller

Licensed User
Longtime User
So I installed Kiosk example from Erel's 2017 Kiosk Example. When I pressed the Lock button, the app locked the OS, when I pressed the Unlock button, the app unlocked the OS, just as it was meant to.
The problem is when I added to manifest:
Manifest:
AddActivityText(Main,
<intent-filter>
  <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
  <category android:name="android.intent.category.HOME" />
  <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
</intent-filter>
)
so that the app became a Launcher app, and it would start App inmediately after boot, and lock the OS.

But when I reboot, the app starts, but the following prompt appears:

screenshot_kiosk.jpg

(note that the app is the example of Immersive Mode but added Kiosk functionality to it. Happens the same with stock Kiosk Example App from Kiosk Tutorial).

When the app opens, it doesnt lock the OS, it shows that prompt, and if I click "No thanks" or "Got It", it only closes the prompt, but when I click Lock Button, the prompt shows again and no OS is locked.

If I don't add manifest text to convert app to launcher, then when I open the app manually from boot, and touch lock, it locks the OS perfectly. The problem is with Launcher + Kiosk Lock.
A working alternative was to download an AppStart App from the store, and make the Kiosk App Launch at boot. But this is not quick enough for my needs, as there are some seconds while the default launcher is shown before the AppStart App Triggers to open my Kiosk App (seconds in which the user can do whatever he wants with the OS).

Any ideas what's happening?