Captura de pantalla_20230205_210940.png

teddybear

Licensed User
This is possible to satisfy your requirement

Upvote 0

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
Not ideal, just brainstorming ☮️ backup Plan B could be to display just the shortened text with "... View more" appended to it, and then use the label's Click or LongClick event to either resize and refill the label, or bring up a message dialog with the full text.

Upvote 0

Brian Michael

Licensed User
Not ideal, just brainstorming ☮️ backup Plan B could be to display just the shortened text with "... View more" appended to it, and then use the label's Click or LongClick event to either resize and refill the label, or bring up a message dialog with the full text.

Exactly, that's what I mean.

I made this example...:
Label.Text = $"Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum."$

Dim SU As StringUtils ' StringUtils Lib
    Dim isExpanded as Boolean = false
    Dim minHeight as Int = 120dip

If Not(isExpanded) Then
        Button.Text = " View Less"
        Label.Height = SU.MeasureMultilineTextHeight(Label,Label.Text)
        Label.SingleLine = False
       Label.Height = Label.Height + 15dip
       isExpanded = True
    Else   
       Button.Text = " View More"
       Label.Height = minHeight
        Label.SingleLine = True
        isExpanded = False
End If

This is my result:

expan & collapse.gif

Upvote 0