Android Question Label tag type

GraemeW

Licensed User
Are there any type restrictions on the label.tag? I'm having problems using a map or custom type as a tag on labels. Simple strings seem to be ok but label visibility and click behaviour seem to be affected by any other type..

teddybear

Licensed User
Are there any type restrictions on the label.tag? I'm having problems using a map or custom type as a tag on labels. Simple strings seem to be ok but label visibility and click behaviour seem to be affected by any other type.
Label.tag just is object type, it can refer to any object. and it won't be affected by any other type..

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Simple strings seem to be ok but label visibility and click behaviour seem to be affected by any other type..
Upload a small project showing the issue. Hard to help without seeing what you are doing.

Customviews uses the tag to reference itself.

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very strange !
I made a small test program and it works with user type and a map and it works.
Can you show your code, there must be something else in your code disabling the Click event.

Attachments

• LabelTags.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 56
Upvote 0

GraemeW

Licensed User
Thanks all, especially klaus for the test code with a custom type - which I've used before with no problems. You've confirmed what I thought so I'll look for another source of the problem - code has 6K+ lines and 10s of subs so it'll be in there somewhere.. šŸ˜

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks all, especially klaus for the test code with a custom type - which I've used before with no problems. You've confirmed what I thought so I'll look for another source of the problem - code has 6K+ lines and 10s of subs so it'll be in there somewhere.. šŸ˜
Hope someday, we can throw this type of project to 'ChatGPTDebug' and it shows the error line and also the fix.
It is tad very difficult for us human programmers to debug such errors which happens in big project but not in small sample. I have many such painful experiences.

So I hope.

Upvote 0