Android Question Layer-3 messages in Android

sasidhar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

We are developing solution to capture Mobile radio network information for all bands(2G,3G,4G device supporting) from Android. Most of the parameters on RIL(radio interface layer) have captured. Client want us to capture and incorporate Layer 3 messages(low level Network related) from chipset (Qualcomm preferred) in the mobile application. If someone can help in getting this information with/without rooting the device it shall be helpful
There are few apps providing Layer 3 radio information (Network signal guru)..

If anyone have idea please let me know. it can is a paid work as well.

thanks
Sasidhar.M

sasidhar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi erel,
Thanks. Even if the device to be rooted it is fine. We need to capture low level data and display in the appln and store in local db.
Thanks
Sasidhar.m

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Seems difficult although there are some XDA-threads which discuss "solutions" against payment.

One person suggested:
If you are running a rooted device and use the logcat command with the -b option on the alternate radio buffer, perhaps you can get some useful info.
Try "logcat -b radio" (Perhaps you can use LogCat in the Phone Library otherwise use ADB from PC or write a small test-app in Android Studio)

Just some info I found by googling

Upvote 0

sasidhar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
Logcat with radio buffer gives only radio information which android already providing thru APIs.we need low level information wrt network connections and controlling protocols.
Some apps as mentioned above providing layer 3 messages in android which requires rooted device which is fine.
Thanks
Sasidhar

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, I couldn't find anything since the information/api seems not to be public. On XDA, people have solutions deriving from hacks and reverse engineering.
So I guess there is nothing you can do....

Upvote 0