B4A Library Leadbolt Ads

Hi all,

(Long post warning!)

I am going to release a new library for leadbolt.

Please use following link to register (it will help me get some referral bonusses, and it will cost you absolutely nothing):

LeadBolt Mobile Ad network- Advertise and Monetize traffic on Android and iPhones

If you thought admob was bad, and airpush was a fresh breath of air, wait till you try leadbolt!

Lets just say what I can get from leadbolt is at WORST twice what I get from admob, and at BEST so far is 6 times what I get from admob. <-- on a daily basis! (was very very close to hitting $100 in one of my days on leadbolt alone)

I am doing some fine tuning on the library and should release it within the next 24 hours.

So please show some support and love for humanity, and sign up with the link above... hehe.. you will really like the revenue generated.

LeadBolt Mobile Ad network- Advertise and Monetize traffic on Android and iPhones

To test the ads out, download one of my games, BallTapp:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.madelephantstudios.BallTapp&feature=search_result

It has admob, airpush and leadbolt in it.

On their site, they have a library for B4A built by them, that library adds the web type ads, something like what Millenial Media has. I have tried those and the returns are no fun at all.

Their push notifications are excellent, plus they arent as hated as airpush for some reason... overpublicity by airpush perhaps? LOL!

Do register your accounts with leadbolt and set up your ads for Notification (SDK) type.

Another good point about them is you will be assigned an accounts manager, who reply your mails and is contactable via IM. (unlike the unknown that is admob/google)

Questions or feedback welcome.

PS - Feedback is really appreciated as the other ad libraries I've released have had no responses if they work fine or not for others. :(

:sign0089:

MaxApps

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Leadbolt

You say "a small dip in revenue". Well a drop of 50%, over the last 2 months, is more than a small dip!

How about opening up for "House Ads" to fill those many empty ad slots.
When I request an "Offer Wall", I get 1 ad (the same ad over and over and over again for more than 9 months). It would be nice, if I could fill some of those empty slots, when you do not have anything to fill them with.

Kind regards
Jakob
MaxApps

Last edited:

mkvidyashankar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Leadbolt Notification AD may get good returns but it annoys the user, here is the review I got for one of my app

This was a useful app prior to the latest update. Now it sends spam notifications and has even more ads. Not worth the trouble.
Spam
Thomas - 10 May 2012 - Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus with version 16
useless
Sends spam notifications. shows desktop version instead of mobile pages.
Spam
Matthew - 08 May 2012 - Samsung Galaxy Note
Spam Notifications
Sends misleading notifications claiming to be "Crucial Android Battery Update" - DO NOT WANT
Spam

Developers please think before using this AD Notification

I stopped all Notifications immediately

straybullet

Licensed User
Longtime User
Leadbolt income is sinking more and more

I got many of them as well and now that Lead bolt has dropped about 80% of what I make I have stopped putting them in my APPS, I have over 50 apps with Leadbolt and now Admob is about making what Leadbolt does, not worth it to piss off the end user for little of nothing.

Leadbolt Notification AD may get good returns but it annoys the user, here is the review I got for one of my app

Developers please think before using this AD Notification

I stopped all Notifications immediately

admac231

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi folks.

I'm just finishing off an app just now and was wondering if it would be worth going with leadbolt. Reading through the past few pages here and ssg's blog (fantastic by the way!) it seems like it's not worth the time.

Has it picked up any? Or should I just stick with AdMob?

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Leadbolt is still sinking further for me.

Sticking with admob alone though really limits your potential revenue. Add in an interstitial (AppLovin is good) and an app wall (AppBrain is good) too maximise your revenue :D

After all, you've put that effort in for the app development, you should deserve some coffee money :) StarBucks coffee!

PS - If you're into more aggresive advertising, then do proceed with Leadbolt or Airpush. They r both performing on a level field for me. And aggresive usually equals to higher revenue.

Good luck!

nad

Licensed User
Longtime User
Same for me, i am not sure leadbolt is enough the effort and the decrease in stars from users. I also tried the capture form but inmediately after user fills it, it takes you to google play and going back does not work so you might directly lose customers.

AdMob, AppBrain and Apploving and working fine for me although this july i have seen a decrease in eCPM. I have even tried AppLoving without the social features (people does not like the read_contacts permission) and for some apps even without the social component it works better than admob, others not. What i have done is a rnd(1,3) and load one or the other and after 10 days see what is the revenue average from each one and set that one to 100%.

Now i am trying with the new Admob mediation. It seems it just needs the new admob library version and you can get 5 ad companies at the same time based on ecpm. I tried the same with adiquity but did just get a 85% fill rate and that was not acceptable.

Also i am trying changing admob to the following configuration hoping to increase ecpm from tablets and with higher resolutions using bigger ads in those cases.

B4X:
   If Activity.Width<468dip Then                                                '320x50
      adview1.Initialize("Ad","xxxxxxxxxxxxxx")
      adview1.Visible=False
      Activity.AddView(adview1,0,0,320dip,50dip)
      adview1.Visible=True
      adview1.Top=Activity.Height-adview1.Height
      adview1.Left=Floor(Activity.Width/2)-Floor(adview1.Width/2)   
      adview1.LoadAd         
      AltoBanner=50dip
   End If
   If Activity.Width<728dip AND Activity.Width>=468dip Then                              '468x60
      adview1.Initialize2("Ad","xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",adview1.SIZE_IAB_BANNER)
      adview1.Visible=False
      Activity.AddView(adview1,0,0,468dip,60dip)
      adview1.Visible=True
      adview1.LoadAd         
      AltoBanner=60dip
   End If
   If Activity.Width>=728dip Then                                                '728x90
      adview1.Initialize2("Ad","xxxxxxxxxxx",adview1.SIZE_IAB_LEADERBOARD)
      adview1.Visible=False
      Activity.AddView(adview1,0,0,728dip,90dip)
      adview1.Visible=True
      adview1.LoadAd         
      AltoBanner=90dip
   End If

Cheers, glad to see you back ssg. Hope you enjoyed vacations :)

Last edited:

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks nad :) enjoying the vacations indeed :D

leadbolt's capture form is horribly implemented in my opinion. Used it for a very short while, and totally removed it.

wonder what's happened to leadbolt.... sigh!

nad

Licensed User
Longtime User
i have never had many apps with leadbolt. I can't have peace of mind with people complaining all the time with notifications (this one gives money). Normal leadbolt ads are worse than admob or apploving. Leadbolt Intersitials and appwalls also do not give much revenue. And even App icons seem to be poorly implemented. So for me has always been notification and the way to have that without people complaining was to ask users what did they want to use, either normal ads (that take screen space from users) or use notification ads.

You can see an example with this app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nadsoft.cplusplusprogrammingreferencefree

check under the "change ad type" in menu.
99% users set the ad type to notification because that gives them all the screen space (and more money to me) but as the option is given to them they don't complain.

My idea is the following and it works great. Almost no complains from users when using notification

B4X:
Sub ChangeAd_click
   Dim result,previous As Int
   previous=ChangeAdSelected
   result=Msgbox2("Some people don't like one ad type or the other, here you can choose the one you prefer. You can always come here to change it back. 'Banners' are disturbing all the time and remove screen space, while with 'Notification' you will only have one every time you start the app or when you choose this option first time. Or you can 'Remove Ads', buy the full version and get rid of ads forever!!. Choose now. Thanks!","Change Ad Type","Banner Ads","Notification","Remove Ads!!",LoadBitmap(File.DirAssets,"icopeq.png"))

If result=DialogResponse.POSITIVE AND previous=1 Then
      'BANNERS
      ToastMessageShow("Banner Ads chosen",True)
      ChangeAdSelected=0
      SaveChangeAdOption
   End If

If result=DialogResponse.CANCEL AND previous<>1 Then
      'NOTIFICATION
      ToastMessageShow("Notification chosen. Full screen now",True)
      ChangeAdSelected=1
      SaveChangeAdOption
   End If

If result=DialogResponse.NEGATIVE Then Pro_Click

End Sub

That is the reason i asked you if you could give a try to the new appbrain sdk. They are including appbrain banners. I have the impression that that will give much more money than admob. That would be great. Appbrain conversion rate for every install has always been the best from all companies at least for me. I think appbrain banners can make the difference.

Cheers,

Last edited:

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
I truly understand what you are mentioning. Leadbolt's rich media ads were really good in the good old days....

And if we could just place ads of other games and apps in our apps, I think it would be a real good revenue generator. The simple reason why appbrain's walls rock.

I'll see if I can get that banner thing done. :)

Cheers!

nad

Licensed User
Longtime User
I knew it!!. You are the best ;-)

I think appbrain banners will work wonderfully.

Cheers Bill

admac231

Licensed User
Longtime User
I signed up for Applovin. The message at the end of the signup said "We'll be in touch shortly" or something to that effect.

I haven't received any email but I can log in and stuff so am I good to go?

AppLovin

Licensed User
Longtime User
I signed up for Applovin. The message at the end of the signup said "We'll be in touch shortly" or something to that effect.

I haven't received any email but I can log in and stuff so am I good to go?

Hey,

Hope all is well! It took us a bit to get you live due to us not doing auto-approval. We check all of our publishers and reach out first, so we can assure a transparent and close relationship. That being said, if you're ever in San Francisco i'll make sure to make it up over a beer.

Enough of that stuff though, how do you like the performance? Let me know how we compare to the other ad-networks. We love the criticism, even if it's not very nice :). It's what fuels us to stay up late at night and keep working. Since our goal is not just to help developers make revenue but to really help them grow their applications and give them the tools to take their applications to the next level.

Best,

Rafael Vivas
[email protected]
aim: jabbering99

Last edited:

admac231

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey,

Hope all is well! It took us a bit to get you live due to us not doing auto-approval. We check all of our publishers and reach out first, so we can assure a transparent and close relationship. That being said, if you're ever in San Francisco i'll make sure to make it up over a beer.

Enough of that stuff though, how do you like the performance? Let me know how we compare to the other ad-networks. We love the criticism, even if it's not very nice :). It's what fuels us to stay up late at night and keep working. Since our goal is not just to help developers make revenue but to really help them grow their applications and give them the tools to take their applications to the next level.

Best,

Rafael Vivas
[email protected]

Woah. That is some level of support! As much as I'd love to visit San Francisco unfortunately I'm stuck over here in Scotland! No issue with the time. To be honest it was going to take a wee while to get the ads implemented anyway.

I am blown away by the performance so far. On several points. Let me just say that up until now I've used AdMob exclusively.

Firstly - are the stats real time? If not they're damn close to it. I'm used to waiting roughly 24 hours to see the end results. Yet whilst I was testing my app your dashboard almost seemed to follow me along.

Secondly - I released an update with your ads in it about 4 hours ago and already the revenue is about %60 of my average daily AdMob revenue. If this keeps up I will honestly be making more from ads than I do from my (admittedly low-hours) day job. Although I have received an email asking about the READ_CONTACTS permission already. As always, the typical android user refuses to read the "What's New" and "Description" pages as well as the in-app news pop-up. Can't do anything about that though.

One thing I would like to recommend though is a test mode. I don't know if it's already there and I've just been an idiot and overlooked it but I couldn't see it anywhere. I am painfully anal about things when testing and I hate to see those wasted numbers rack up.

Overall - well done and thank you.

Last edited:

MaxApps

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

I have not had much luck with AppLovin.
I have tried them for little over a month now and the revenue is about 10-12% of what I get from Admob.
I think that the problem is, that it is the same 2 games, that they promote over and over again.
I am now trying Mobfox, with my biggest app, but they seem to be the worst ever.

So far, for me, Admob is the best with banners.

Kind regards
Jakob

AppLovin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Woah. That is some level of support! As much as I'd love to visit San Francisco unfortunately I'm stuck over here in Scotland! No issue with the time. To be honest it was going to take a wee while to get the ads implemented anyway.

I am blown away by the performance so far. On several points. Let me just say that up until now I've used AdMob exclusively.

Firstly - are the stats real time? If not they're damn close to it. I'm used to waiting roughly 24 hours to see the end results. Yet whilst I was testing my app your dashboard almost seemed to follow me along.

Secondly - I released an update with your ads in it about 4 hours ago and already the revenue is about %60 of my average daily AdMob revenue. If this keeps up I will honestly be making more from ads than I do from my (admittedly low-hours) day job. Although I have received an email asking about the READ_CONTACTS permission already. As always, the typical android user refuses to read the "What's New" and "Description" pages as well as the in-app news pop-up. Can't do anything about that though.

One thing I would like to recommend though is a test mode. I don't know if it's already there and I've just been an idiot and overlooked it but I couldn't see it anywhere. I am painfully anal about things when testing and I hate to see those wasted numbers rack up.

Overall - well done and thank you.

@AdMac321 - No worries! Appreciate the feedback. We considered "test mode" but we thought why the heck? Just create a demo project with our SDK and you'll be able to see it in real-time. You won't even have to create a custom "appID", just plug in our SDK and it automatically adds it to our UI. That being said, I went ahead and forwarded your thoughts to our devs. We'll make sure to talk about it more in-depth!

We're 30 minutes away from real-time :(. We're super anal about everything over here as well, so we'll work on getting that time down!

@MaxApps - We value your business and appreciate the feedback! Our system pays developers on an advertiser conversion and not just for impressions or clicks. So sometimes we need more volume to be able to optimize. If you get an app that grows fast, test us out and we should be able to beat any other ad network easily. We've seen over 2x the results of any other ad network thus far in testing with all of our larger pubs.

Keep the feedback coming guys! Look forward to seeing more results and donating more beer money to developers :).

Best,

Rafael Vivas
[email protected]

Last edited:

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Before Applovin, I used AdMob, InMobi, Leadbolt, MobFox, InnerActive... But now I only use Applovin for banner ads. This is the smartest choice I ever made. You can try and you'll believe my words :D

To Applovin staff: You're the best! Thank you so much.

Ps: I'm sorry if this post is off topic but I can't stop myself.

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good to hear susu :D

Now.. back to topic...

Are notification ads now gonna be banned from Google Play?

Any words from Leadbolt on the new content policy here:

Google Play

Under "Ad Policy" section, point 2 has the following line:

"Ads must not simulate or impersonate system notifications or warnings."

For those using the icon ads format, you must get the user's consent to install the icon before you can install it...