B4A Library Leadbolt Ads

Hi all,

(Long post warning!)

I am going to release a new library for leadbolt.

Please use following link to register (it will help me get some referral bonusses, and it will cost you absolutely nothing):

LeadBolt Mobile Ad network- Advertise and Monetize traffic on Android and iPhones

If you thought admob was bad, and airpush was a fresh breath of air, wait till you try leadbolt!

Lets just say what I can get from leadbolt is at WORST twice what I get from admob, and at BEST so far is 6 times what I get from admob. <-- on a daily basis! (was very very close to hitting $100 in one of my days on leadbolt alone)

I am doing some fine tuning on the library and should release it within the next 24 hours.

So please show some support and love for humanity, and sign up with the link above... hehe.. you will really like the revenue generated.

LeadBolt Mobile Ad network- Advertise and Monetize traffic on Android and iPhones

To test the ads out, download one of my games, BallTapp:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.madelephantstudios.BallTapp&feature=search_result

It has admob, airpush and leadbolt in it.

On their site, they have a library for B4A built by them, that library adds the web type ads, something like what Millenial Media has. I have tried those and the returns are no fun at all.

Their push notifications are excellent, plus they arent as hated as airpush for some reason... overpublicity by airpush perhaps? LOL!

Do register your accounts with leadbolt and set up your ads for Notification (SDK) type.

Another good point about them is you will be assigned an accounts manager, who reply your mails and is contactable via IM. (unlike the unknown that is admob/google)

Questions or feedback welcome.

PS - Feedback is really appreciated as the other ad libraries I've released have had no responses if they work fine or not for others. :(

:sign0089:

ringmyr

Licensed User
Longtime User
no , i mean i want to use more a one banner on a singel app.

ex. i have 3 layouts and i want on each have a banner on each layouts

sory for my bad eng :(

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
sigh... and I thought Leadbolt is here to support.

@ringmyr - you can use multiple banners on a single app... no probs.

also, i spoke to soon... revenues have not picked up... must have been a hiccup...

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
How about putting more games under the same app in the way, that each has its own ad-link?

e.g.
App=MaxPuzzle
ad1=MaxPuzzle Cheerleaders
ad2=MaxPuzzle Hot Cars
ad3=MaxPuzzle cute.....

name clearly stated for each ad.

Would that be ok?

Kind regards
Jakob

Hi Jakob,

to be on the safe side, I'd suggest registering a new app each. Just to go through their approval processes...

Unless Leadbolt can correct me.

Good luck.

SellAringSupport

Licensed User
Longtime User
SellAring SDK update

Hello,

Google's change in policy made some waves in the industry but did not come as a surprise to most of us.

At sellAring we made some updates to the SDK which are actually helping to enhance our full screen display ads. These are some of the changes described: sellAring updates

LeadBolt

Licensed User
Longtime User
How about putting more games under the same app in the way, that each has its own ad-link?

e.g.
App=MaxPuzzle
ad1=MaxPuzzle Cheerleaders
ad2=MaxPuzzle Hot Cars
ad3=MaxPuzzle cute.....

name clearly stated for each ad.

Would that be ok?

Kind regards
Jakob

You can do that. I'm assuming you have something like minigames under a single app?

no , i mean i want to use more a one banner on a singel app.

ex. i have 3 layouts and i want on each have a banner on each layouts

sory for my bad eng :(

In that case, you can do that.

pluton

Licensed User
Longtime User
Does anyone else got mail from Leadbolt about some Leadbolt Reavenue Issue ?

Mail was about:
We have just become aware of activities by an advertiser which breach our terms of service. Because of the seriousness of this issue, we have had no other choice but to remove any clicks/ conversions related to this advertiser and ban the advertiser permanently from the network. As a result of removing the unpaid clicks/ conversions from out network, the revenue previously earned on your account has been impacted. Details of the deduction are available in the Accounts Payment section of your LeadBolt account as “Advertiser Chargebacks”. Please note that these activities only relate to a single advertiser and are an isolated incident.

I have logged in and find Advertiser Chargebacks and it seems that they took about 7$ from my account.
Did anyone else got this mail?

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
This happens every now and then. I got the email too, and was deducted over $9. For the 10 months or so that I have been with Leadbolt, this has happened about 4 or 5 times.

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
Applovin and LeadBolt is useless for me, i tried everything but very poor revenue. I will stick with Admob , only one that is constantly earning me money. Not so much but 1 click = revenue , in leadbolt is like 7 clicks = no revenue , Applovin 20 clicks = no revenue. That's my experience :/

AppLovin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Applovin and LeadBolt is useless for me, i tried everything but very poor revenue. I will stick with Admob , only one that is constantly earning me money. Not so much but 1 click = revenue , in leadbolt is like 7 clicks = no revenue , Applovin 20 clicks = no revenue. That's my experience :/

Hey Jaames,

Nice to meet you! We're a performance mobile ad network, which means we pay our publishers once the user completes an advertisement. We cannot gauge the opportunity with only 20 clicks and would need more volume to see accurate results.

I'd personally recommend testing us again but giving it more time. You're going to need at least 500+ clicks till our optimizer finds out what products would be best for your user base.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me directly on skype or e-mail.

Best,

Rafael Vivas
[email protected]

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey Jaames,

Nice to meet you! We're a performance mobile ad network, which means we pay our publishers once the user completes an advertisement. We cannot gauge the opportunity with only 20 clicks and would need more volume to see accurate results.

I'd personally recommend testing us again but giving it more time. You're going to need at least 500+ clicks till our optimizer finds out what products would be best for your user base.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me directly on skype or e-mail.

Best,

Rafael Vivas
[email protected]

Hi

I have to make some more apps then (i have 3 right now) :)
I'll go back to you when i end up at least with 10 apps in the market.

Thank you.

Cheers :)

LeadBolt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everyone,

As you are aware, Google has recently updated their Developer policy. We have already released back-end updates and today released our latest SDK which completes any remaining requirements.

To learn more, check out our blog post detailing everything.

MaxApps

Licensed User
Longtime User
Has anyone managed to use the new sdk?
Or have you all removed Leadbolt ad, before the deadline for Google' s new policy?

Kind regards
Jakob

Never mind... I figured it out.

Last edited:

ashwin4224

Hello guys, one question.

Since leadbolt has already update the new SDK. How to implement this on basic4android ? I'm a bit lost here, can we use SSG library wrapper on this ?

Thanks

Last edited:

pluton

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello guys, one question.

Since leadbolt has already update the new SDK. How to implement this on basic4android ? I'm a bit lost here, can we use SSG library wrapper on this ?

Thanks

Download new library
See attachment :sign0089:

Attachments

• lb_android_sdk_basic4android_v1.04.zip
    9 KB · Views: 156

pluton

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks pluton,

I will take a look at the library in attachment. This library can also be download from Leadbolt developer portal/ App Developer framework / right ?

Cheers.

Yes. It is from their site.
When you login go
  • HELP/FAQS
  • then choose tab App Developer Frameworks
  • then Using Basic 4 Android and adding LeadBolt to your Android app
  • and then Click here to get the android basic4android library

:sign0060:

straybullet

Licensed User
Longtime User
What gets me is the deadline is tonight and now the library is different using more jar files and different calls to the functions which means all my apps will need a lot more than just a recompile.

MaxApps

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have updated some of my apps and removed Leadbolt from most, to make it before deadline.
I am still not sure, that Leadbolt and Airpush complies with the new policy, as you cannot see which app the push notifications belongs to and it says clearly, in the policy, that it has to.

It must be clear to the user which app each ad is associated with or implemented in.

What do you think?

Kind regards
Jakob

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,
AirPush and Leadbolt updated their SDKs. Now when an ad is pushed to device, you can see the name of the app. However, I don't know is it enough for Google's new policy, so I remove AirPush and Leadbolt from my apps :D

MaxApps

Licensed User
Longtime User
I still get push ads, from Leadbolt, where the ad text is so long, that it is not possible to which app it comes from.
At the same time, revenue, from Leadbolt is getting lower and lower. I am now down to 27% of what I had early in the year.
It looks like Leadbolt is in trouble, ever since Brian Tippy left them.
Others are going up at the moment (AppBrain, Applovin, Admob) and the new AppKey looks very promising.
Tapit looks ok too, but the limited geographic area equals limited revenue.

Any of you care to share your current ad-revenue situation? It would be nice, if we could help each other, to find a little bit of $ for our hard work.

Kind regards
Jakob