Wish Library To Wi-Fi Activate Access Point (Hotspot)

mantracourt

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a project that could use an Android device as a gateway between Wi-Fi and a proprietary radio system.
To do this I need to progmatically activate the Wi-Fi access point as the Android device will be hidden away with no access to the screen.
Looking at this forum I can find that there are no solutions. However, I have found the following (See link below) where this can be done in java but I do not have the knowledge to make this work in B4A.

If anyone is able to convert this to a library for use in B4A I would be gratefull as would many others I believe.

See Here for java solution.

I know there are many of you capable of creating B4A libraries so I thought I would try this request to see what happens before I have to drop Android as a solution to this project.

Thank you

joneden

Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you get anywhere with this? My app reboots the unit each night and that switches off the hotspot.

mantracourt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Without help I am afraid this project stalled. I need to get past this issue before I can reopen this project.

joneden

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ah that's a shame. That code was almost the same as some I'd tried to use a while back - unfortunately my basic knowledge of java meant that I hit a problem almost straight away.

I may have another look at this code if I get time in the next few days. Maybe I need to get half way there then ask advise :)