Wish License Time Left..

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I suggested this a few weeks ago https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/upgrades-expiry-date-example-included.47103/

I also suggested it in the wish list last year. Sadly nothing has been done about it as yet :(

b4a has no expiration date so i think there is no need to put it in "about" screen of b4a the only thing that expire is the right to get free updates so i think it should be in the profile page in the forum...

does anyone know if my license expire can i still download files from the forum like libs???

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
does anyone know if my license expire can i still download files from the forum like libs???

Yes, you can. I just discovered my b4a licence ran out about two weeks ago and I`ve still been adding libraries.
Was hoping I`d get a nice marketing email to remind me to renew the licence but I had to search through 2 year old emails to find the date.

Erel, what`s the renewal price please?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Your forum access is permanent.

I also suggested it in the wish list last year. Sadly nothing has been done about it as yet
It is not a simple feature to add.

When a new version is released all members who are no longer eligible for a free upgrade, receive an email with a nice discount offer.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Wait wait wait a minute Mr @Erel :confused:
You the person who can code with his eyes closed, you probably code whilst coding. You created some technology that is patented with IBM, you have co-authored books(not to do with B4A), you've created arguably the best B4x solutions for mere mortals like myself(thank you) and it looks like you do it with ease whilst snooring your head off at night.

Yes and I quote "It is not a simple feature to add". Are you really attempting to tell us that you are actually human and not from ceti alpha VI.

Hmm...

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is not what I'm saying.

It is not technically complicated. It just requires a back-end solution that is currently not implemented.
When you do implement it, you can potentially create an API, that can for e.g. allow 3rd party tools to make sure a user is authenticated.
As an example this could allow the user to login to the forum, or a library database.
(I am sorry that we make your life so complicated!)

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel that's not what you are saying. So you're saying that you are from ceti alpha VI :)

I know that you're a very busy person, I do not want to add to your vast work load.

I just presumed that you already have a database with all our purchase and registration information stored. Each B4x users computer has the unique registration code embedded somewhere. So installing your database on your server and just running an SQL query from B4x to retrieve the expiry date(using registration details stored on computers) when we click Help > About in your B4x solutions I presumed would not take too long to implement :)

Anyway, what do I know :p

Yet another great B4A beta release. Keep up the great work @Erel, cheers...

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When a new version is released all members who are no longer eligible for a free upgrade, receive an email with a nice discount offer.

I got your "B4i v1.00 released" spam mail tho ;)

but didn't see the B4A 4.0 mail with download link or upgrade offer,
so it's confusing to know if the license period has ended or not.