Android Question Link to Buy App

Giusy

Licensed User
Hi
If any of you have published a demo of an app, can you tell me if there is a link that leads directly from the demo to the "buy" frame of the play store? (and not tot the app)
Thank you very much

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Typically if you want to upgrade a user from a demo to the "full" version of an app you would use an in-app purchase.

Android In-App Billing v3 Tutorial

If your demo & full versions are physically different apps, you can direct them to the paid app like this:

B4X:
Private Market As Intent
Market.Initialize(Market.ACTION_VIEW, "market://details?id=[your app package name]")
StartActivity(Market)

- Colin.

Upvote 0

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
If any of you have published a demo of an app, can you tell me if there is a link that leads directly from the demo to the "buy" frame of the play store? (and not tot the app)
Thank you very much

In the Free version of my app I have a menu item (or button) to purchase the paid version. It calls the following subroutine.

B4X:
Sub PurchPro
  Dim fURI As String = "market://details?id=canalrun.apps.deafpad"

Dim Market As Intent

Market.Initialize(Market.ACTION_VIEW, fURI)
  StartActivity(Market)
End Sub

Replace "canalrun.apps.deafpad" with your package name.

Barry.

Upvote 0

Giusy

Licensed User
Hi canalrun,
to explain myself better I have inserted the address of your app into my program. What I would like to get is to immediately get to the window you see after clicking on the price. It should be possible, as I've seen it in other apps.
Thank you

Upvote 0

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi canalrun,
to explain myself better I have inserted the address of your app into my program. What I would like to get is to immediately get to the window you see after clicking on the price. It should be possible, as I've seen it in other apps.
Thank you

I have never done that, but I'm sure the solution would be something similar.

You would probably need to replace "id=package name" with something similar.

Search Google using pieces of the string - maybe: "Google Play intent purchase". I found the above in someone's list of things that could be done. There were many things in that list, I'll bet what you want to do is in the list also.

Barry.

Upvote 0