B4J Question ListView Text Colour

Discussion in 'B4J Questions' started by ElliotHC, Aug 4, 2019.

1. ElliotHC

ElliotHC Active Member Licensed User

I have a black background in my app and I would like to have a black ListView with Green text.. I don't see how you set the text colour in a listbox.

Does anyone know how?

2. ElliotHC

ElliotHC Active Member Licensed User

I don't see a solution to this so I will have to put all my data in to a list, sort it, then put it in a label and put a CrLf between each entry... Messy but the the only way I can see having coloured text.

3. inakigarm

inakigarm Well-Known Member Licensed User

4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Don't use ListView. Use xCustomListView instead.

Harris likes this.
  5. Harris

Harris Well-Known Member Licensed User

Listview is a primitive. Use xCLV instead (as Erel stated). I build 90% of my apps using this because it is so versatile. Especially for B4A.
    Erel devoted much time making this functional - so you don't have to.

When I grasped xCLV, I found I could use it for menus, input forms, scroll lists, lookup form lists, or anything I needed!
    Simply use the designer to create a panel with components (however large or small) and add it to xCLV. Add more panels to the same xCLV to complete your form (if needed).

Try and adopt B4X / XUI going forward. This is the new standard and is so much easier to work with - especially across platforms.

jimmyF and Erel like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice