Android Question Listview with big Text elements

Noelkman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I need a push to create a list that displays big text items that can vary in length. How can I realize that? (Scrollable box in a scrollable View)? That is not working right.

I played with the xCustomListView and several views like labels and texts but it is not giving me what I want.

How could that be realized?

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
upload a small example using a xCustomListView , explaining your desired result and what it is not giving you.

Edit: Did you try with just CustomListView.AddTextItem(message, "") method it will size the containing panel accordingly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Noelkman

Licensed User
Longtime User
mangojack,
you absolutely pushed me in the right direction. First I did not know that there is a simple xx.AddTextItem() method for the CLV (I didn't enumerate the members - stupid). Furthermore I found that it can be mixed with xx.Add() and thats great and it does perfect what I need.
Text that automatically sizes and and a custom item for more details.

Thanks a bunch.

Upvote 0

Noelkman

Licensed User
Longtime User
This means that you haven't implemented it correctly. You can build any list you like with xCLV.
Your are probably right too Erel.
But how can I implement a custom item with some views and a text label on it that automatically resizes the whole Listitem?

Upvote 0

Noelkman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just to give you an idea of what I neded and what I have now. I used a xCustomListView.
I add a simple text item that does what I need and another custom item for more details.
Will say I have two items for one purpose but thats ok it can be handled.
Thanks!

Screenshot_20201002-135104.jpg

Upvote 0