Wish Log Colors default for an App

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
It would be nice to be able to assign a color as the DEFAULT color within an app.
In this way, the "trace" capabilities of the log (the little arrow you can click to take you to the line from which the message originated)
1579104078366.png
and it will take you to the actual line itself instead of the SUB that logs for the app in color.

i.e.
B4X:
Sub MyLog(Message As String)
    LogColor(Main.APPName & " " & DateTime.Time(DateTime.Now) & " " & Message, MyColor)
       … do some other things, like record to a file, …???etc.
End Sub

Will correctly log the Message in the selected color (MyColor), but it obfuscates the origination of the message itself.
i.e. the log message on line 1688 sends a message to MyLog and when it shows within the log, it is the correct color but the line number shown when the "trace" arrow is clicked is for the line within the MyLog sub instead of 1688 from which it actually came.

1579104330800.png

It would be better (in my opinion) to have a setting for the App that can set the log color (or several different ones) and then the Log("abc") would generate a colored log message in the preferred color.

This becomes even more important when running services and being able to find log message from the different services as well as the main app, all within the same log display.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I also wanted to create a custom log function, but as mentioned it would break the "Click to go to line", so I moved my suggestion to a new thread to not cause confusion:

Last edited: