Android Question Looking for an online database solution

trueboss323

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am looking for an online database solution. The way it would would function is almost like a spreadsheet. In my app , I have various scores and settings saved for users. For example, in each row of the spreadsheet would have each username, and each column would have a particular setting for that user. See how the localization example works.

If the user decided to reinstall the application or change phones then their settings would be lost. With this database , the app could fetch information from it and load settings right from the cloud. Another example would be if a user contacts me and asks me to change a setting for them , i.e due to an application bug, then I could change their setting for them and the user would instantly see changes.

Right now i am thinking if the CloudKVS library would work for it. I am still looking though. Is there a good library or tutorial in my case?

Last edited:

BillMeyer

Licensed User
Longtime User
You won't go wrong with the CloudKVS Lib - works like a dream - and if you follow the rules - it's very quick. For example, a list with 93 records, 23 fields on a 4G connection takes less than 0.3 seconds to download and update the local database.

You could go for a MySQL setup - but that is a whole different ball game and will involve quite a bit of coding, security setups etc and also how do you communicate with your database i.e. via PHP or one for the Libs available on this forum.

Upvote 0

trueboss323

Licensed User
Longtime User
I dont know if the CloudKVS can do all that I explained or maybe i would also need a MySQL library, which I have no experience of.

Upvote 0

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0