Android Question Material StdActionbar Overflow Menu Color

Jeffrey Cameron

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm applying the Theme.Material.Light.DarkActionBar style to the project, but I can't figure out which attribute controls the background color for the StdActionBar overflow menu?

I've discovered the one that controls the overflow menu text color but I've not found one that will change the actual white background of the overflow menu. I've even tried adding an additional style for the action bar widget:
B4X:
CreateResource(values-v21, theme.xml,
<resources>
  <style name="MyAppTheme" parent="@android:style/Theme.Material.Light.DarkActionBar">
      <item name="android:colorPrimary">#629450</item> <!-- action bar -->
      <item name="android:colorPrimaryDark">#243019</item> <!-- status bar -->
      <item name="android:colorAccent">#C9F2C7</item> <!-- checkboxes,, switches,, etc. -->
      <item name="android:colorBackground">#243019</item>
      <item name="android:actionMenuTextColor">#C9F2C7</item>
      <item name="android:textColorPrimary">#C9F2C7</item>  <!-- msgbox text -->
      <item name="android:textColorSecondary">#629450</item> <!-- inactive editText line,, scrollbar -->
      <item name="android:textColor">#C9F2C7</item> <!-- menu text,, msgbox title -->
      <item name="android:textColorLink">#ACECA1</item> 
      <item name="android:textColorHighlight">#9F9FFF</item>
      <item name="android:actionBarWidgetTheme">@style/MyAppOptionsMenu</item>
  </style>
  <style name="MyAppOptionsMenu">
      <item name="android:popupBackground">#243019</item>
      <item name="android:colorBackground">#243019</item>
  </style>
</resources>
But the white background stubbornly remains... Is it even possible to change it, or did I overlook the correct attribute in the plethora of R.attr values from https://developer.android.com/reference/android/R.attr.html?