Android Question Maven artifact not found: com.android.support/support-v4 RuntimePermissions

mare1980k1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I have problem with error:

Maven artifact not found: com.android.support/support-v4

The app compiles normally until I add RuntimePermissions. I used RuntimePermissions many times now and never had this error, whats more, I get the error on the project that worked.

I installed all google maven repositories including Android support repository and Google repository.

I also reinstalled b4a. Should I delete all sdk files and start from scratch?

Edit:
I just reinstalled sdk, jdk and b4a again and the error is still there.

Thanks for help :)

Last edited:

mare1980k1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please use regular text.
I copy - pasted the error, it was bold and big, I just continued writing with it, anyway, changed the font. I am sorry for appearing arrogant, can you please help? Thank you so much :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mare1980k1

Licensed User
Longtime User
I reinstalled again and I still have the same error, I deleted temp folders "Anywhere Software" and SDK manager in %appdata%.

I still get Maven artifact not found: com.android.support/support-v4. I get this error only when I turn on the library RuntimePermissions.

Please help,
Thank you.

Upvote 0

mare1980k1

Licensed User
Longtime User
The paths are/were correct. There is a chance that the necessary things were not installed, although recommended packages were definitely installed.

In the new third installation I installed recommended packages in B4A Sdk Manager and it still showed the same error Maven artifact not found: com.android.support/support-v4, so I followed https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...ndroid-support-support-v4.107614/#post-672845 and installed Android Support Repository and Google Repository and then got this error:

Convert byte code - optimized dex. Error
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/app/INotificationSideChannel;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/app/INotificationSideChannel$Stub;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/app/INotificationSideChannel$Stub$Proxy;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/IResultReceiver;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/IResultReceiver$Stub;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/IResultReceiver$Stub$Proxy;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/ResultReceiver;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/ResultReceiver$1;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/ResultReceiver$MyResultReceiver;
UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL EXCEPTION:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Translation has been interrupted
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles(Main.java:696)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runMonoDex(Main.java:315)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runDx(Main.java:293)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.main(Main.java:249)
at com.android.dx.command.Main.main(Main.java:94)
Caused by: java.lang.InterruptedException: Too many errors
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles(Main.java:688)
... 4 more

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upload a project which shows the issue.

Upvote 0

mare1980k1

Licensed User
Longtime User
I found the bug/error, but I don't know how to solve it?
When I include libraries RuntimePermissions (Version 1.10) with Firebase (Version1.02)
The app won't compile.

I have two apps that compile normally when they don't contain both Firebase and RuntimePermissions.

I need both Firebase and RuntimePermissions at the same time.

Attachments

• TestAppBug.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 279
Upvote 0

mare1980k1

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using B4A 9.0, it seems that my license expired.. I will renew it tomorrow, is that a problem regarding the Firebase and RuntimePermissions? I still can't get it to work no matter what I try. I am on sdk 28, on lower versions it gives errors on fonts.

This is the error:

Compiling generated Java code. (0.01s)
Convert byte code - optimized dex. Error
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/app/INotificationSideChannel;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/app/INotificationSideChannel$Stub;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/app/INotificationSideChannel$Stub$Proxy;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/IResultReceiver;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/IResultReceiver$Stub;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/IResultReceiver$Stub$Proxy;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/ResultReceiver;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/ResultReceiver$1;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/ResultReceiver$MyResultReceiver;
UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL EXCEPTION:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Translation has been interrupted
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles(Main.java:696)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runMonoDex(Main.java:315)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runDx(Main.java:293)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.main(Main.java:249)
at com.android.dx.command.Main.main(Main.java:94)
Caused by: java.lang.InterruptedException: Too many errors
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles(Main.java:688)
... 4 more

Thank you for your support,
Kind regards

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:
Upvote 0

mare1980k1

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am on sdk 28, but I tried lower sdk to see what would happen. And I have registered B4A 9.0

Upvote 0

mare1980k1

Licensed User
Longtime User
I registered and updated to the newest B4A and now it all works. Thank you Erel :)

Upvote 0