Android Question Maybe it is related with upgrading to windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by ltrebuchet, Jun 20, 2015.

1. ltrebuchet

ltrebuchet Member Licensed User

I have several apps built with B4A 3 or 3.5 under windows 7 that are doing very well. Few weeks ago I updated my PC to Windows 8, then 8.1 Willing to improve one of these apps, I opened B4A and got a warning about peripheric missing, that disappeared so fast I could not get a screenshot, then a warning about files missing that I could catch, and all the libraries (core or supplementary) missing. I then uninstalled B4A, purchased B4A 5 and installed it. I got exactly the same problem, even after reinstalling B4A 5 another time. Screenshot enclosed.
    Thanks for your help
    Louis

Attached Files:

2. ltrebuchet

ScrenShot of the first warning, this time when opening directly B4A for a new app
    Thanks for your help
    Louis

Attached Files:

3. incendio

incendio Well-Known Member Licensed User

May be this error has something to do with .net 4.52 in windows 8. I got strange error too when using this .net in windows 7.

Downgrade to .net 4 reduced error into warning, but it is still operable.

4. ltrebuchet

Everything on my PC, including all the SDKs works with .net framework 4.5, 4.5.1,4.5.2 I do not see how and why downgrade back everything?
    Thanks
    Louis

5. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

6. KMatle

KMatle Expert Licensed User

I use WIN8.1 for 1 1/2 years with all frameworks. No problems at all.

Before we had a Netgear router which caused a lot of trouble (connection problems via WiFi, no internet, etc.). Had to restart that sh** 5 times a week.

For over a year we have an other manufacture (AVM here in Germany). Runs perfect.

7. ltrebuchet

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      676 bytes
      Views:
  8. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

It fails to find the library files. It can happen if the additional libraries folder is configured to an invalid directory.
    Delete the all the ini files under: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Anywhere Software\Basic4android

ltrebuchet likes this.
  9. ltrebuchet

It works !
    Many thanks Erel

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice