Android Question Maybe it is related with upgrading to windows 8.1

ltrebuchet

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have several apps built with B4A 3 or 3.5 under windows 7 that are doing very well. Few weeks ago I updated my PC to Windows 8, then 8.1 Willing to improve one of these apps, I opened B4A and got a warning about peripheric missing, that disappeared so fast I could not get a screenshot, then a warning about files missing that I could catch, and all the libraries (core or supplementary) missing. I then uninstalled B4A, purchased B4A 5 and installed it. I got exactly the same problem, even after reinstalling B4A 5 another time. Screenshot enclosed.
Thanks for your help
Louis

Attachments

• ScreenShot.png
    ScreenShot.png
    195.6 KB · Views: 124

ltrebuchet

Licensed User
Longtime User
ScrenShot of the first warning, this time when opening directly B4A for a new app
Thanks for your help
Louis

Attachments

• ScreenShot0.png
    ScreenShot0.png
    194.2 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 0

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
May be this error has something to do with .net 4.52 in windows 8. I got strange error too when using this .net in windows 7.

Downgrade to .net 4 reduced error into warning, but it is still operable.

Upvote 0

ltrebuchet

Licensed User
Longtime User
Everything on my PC, including all the SDKs works with .net framework 4.5, 4.5.1,4.5.2 I do not see how and why downgrade back everything?
Thanks
Louis

Upvote 0

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I use WIN8.1 for 1 1/2 years with all frameworks. No problems at all.

Before we had a Netgear router which caused a lot of trouble (connection problems via WiFi, no internet, etc.). Had to restart that sh** 5 times a week.

For over a year we have an other manufacture (AVM here in Germany). Runs perfect.

Upvote 0