I observed the members badges and deduced below posts numbers,

Member, 1-99 posts
Active Member, 100-499 posts
Well-Known Member, 500-? posts
? , ?
Expert, 2000-? posts
? , ?​

I searched the forum for the complete list but could not fine one ,
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/pages/results/?query=Active+Member,+Well-Known+Member,+Expert,

I did find a list of Trophies,
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/help/trophies

So I request to point me the link of "Member..Expert..?" list, so that we members can be aware of it.

Regards,

Anand

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
See the screen shot.

members.png

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Mashiane for the screenshot. But, I require the "posts list" for different badges available.

Say I have "Active Member" badge and 300+ posts, now I know that I need 2000 posts for "Expert" badge.
I am looking for the list like the Trophies, for Badges,
1-99 posts = Member badge
100-499 posts = Active Member badge
??
and so on.​

I am not looking for the member names, but the badges list.

Regards,

Anand

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I already found the Trophies list, see #1, but could not find similar 'Badges' list. Maybe Erel can guide here.

Some very capable may not participate in the forum because they have no time or desire.
This is the point of my begin of search for the Badges list.

When Brandsum was nominated for 'Expert' badge, which he declined politely, it was revealed that one needs to have 2000 posts to get it.
Previously I though only the members who knew java and can make wrapper for it can be 'Experts'. Now it dawned on me that one day I too can get the badge,
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/brandsum-expert.110261/#post-689689

So I checked my post which is around 300+. Now it is obvious that there must be more badges inbetween 300 and 2000. I started looking for them.
Check post #1, I found 'Well-Known Member' badge in between but can not find others as of now.

I will update post #1 as and when I find them.

Regards,

Anand

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I already found the Trophies list, see #1, but could not find similar 'Badges' list. Maybe Erel can guide here.

This is the point of my begin of search for the Badges list.

When Brandsum was nominated for 'Expert' badge, which he declined politely, it was revealed that one needs to have 2000 posts to get it.
Previously I though only the members who knew java and can make wrapper for it can be 'Experts'. Now it dawned on me that one day I too can get the badge,
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/brandsum-expert.110261/#post-689689

So I checked my post which is around 300+. Now it is obvious that there must be more badges inbetween 300 and 2000. I started looking for them.
Check post #1, I found 'Well-Known Member' badge in between but can not find others as of now.

I will update post #1 as and when I find them.

Regards,

Anand

My best Badge is when the customer is happy and pays me:D:D:D:D

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
i completly agree with star-dust. you are giving to much credit to the "expert" badge. just forget it and be happy when it happens to you.

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My best Badge is when the customer is happy and pays me:D:D:D
That's icing on your cake as you are an 'Expert' :)
I am looking up to be an 'Expert' like you in future. But you will be 'Zen' by that time :D

As for earning, I am 'Zen' in Xbase++ and I pay my B4A subscription from earning from Xbase++ apps.
But I want to pay from Android apps and I have to be an 'Expert' first.

Regards,

Anand

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i completly agree with star-dust. you are giving to much credit to the "expert" badge. just forget it and be happy when it happens to you.
Ahh.. I am not giving credit to a badge but want to have the knowledge of the badges and how they are given and on what basis.

You see, I am member of another forum where they used to give 'stars' based on 'when one joined the forum'. So no matter how many, I give solutions or put queries, my stars were always less than member who joined 6 years ago, even he/she is inactive. Now they have removed this 'star' badges from all.

But here I can get what I want, if I work hard :)

Regards,

Anand

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not an expert, I just participated in the forum giving some contributions.

But everyone's contribution, together with the contributions of others who have different IT experiences, makes us all experts in some way

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not an expert, I just participated in the forum giving some contributions.

But everyone's contribution, together with the contributions of others who have different IT experiences, makes us all experts in some way
That's your humbleness and I bow to you.

I have seen and used many of your contributions in test apps and I appreciate your knowledge of Java and B4X. I too aspire to have good knowledge of the same but I need to work hard like most of great members here.

Actually I get much less time out from my day work in Xbase++, so I am still struggling in B4X.

Regards,

Anand

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
To be or not to be (an expert)..that's the question!
As you have discovered, here Expert means 2000 posts published. Anyone could achieve this "status" just posting nonsense (even 2000 posts of a simple countdown, but in that case I guess he/she will be banned..ehehe)
Reaching an expert status (note the lowercase), i.e. putting together enough experience, knowledge and a lot of errors, takes time but it's more about how you feel and how others look at you. Like a leader. You don't claim to be a leader, others treat you that way and that makes you a real leader.

Just my 2c

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
To be or not to be (an expert)..that's the question!
As you have discovered, here Expert means 2000 posts published. Anyone could achieve this "status" just posting nonsense (even 2000 posts of a simple countdown, but in that case I guess he/she will be banned..ehehe)
Reaching an expert status (note the lowercase), i.e. putting together enough experience, knowledge and a lot of errors, takes time but it's more about how you feel and how others look at you. Like a leader. You don't claim to be a leader, others treat you that way and that makes you a real leader.

Just my 2c
Agree fully and I do not want and have never posted 'nonsense', check my posts.

Somehow the real reason of my 'badges list' is lost in defining the 'Expert' by all.
Oh, come on. Did I say give me so and so badge ?
Can't, as a member, I have prior knowledge of the 'badges list' ?

It looks like it is a sacred list known to few privilege here. That's fine.
As I promised, I will update my #1 post as and when I find it :)

Regards,

Anand

Last edited:

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Next time spend at least 2$!

(This is one of my "standard" posts which allows me to be a Super-Expert! :p)
At least this does not count as 'nonsense' ;)

BTW 'nonsense' and 'sense' message varies from member to member, I have noted here :)

Regards,

Anand

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Eheh, sorry about the use of word "nonsense". What I meant was something not relating to tech expertise. When we post a joke, an image about general topic or anything not strictly related to B4x we increment our general count toward the Expert badge. Even replying "sorry I can't help you" or "start another thread" upper your posts count.
That's why we don't place great importance to that badge.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When we post a joke, an image about general topic or anything not strictly related to B4x we increment our general count toward the Expert badge
Most of the posts in this thread can be seen as "nonsense" in relation to the "expert" (sure, mine too) and just lower the distance to be an "expert" :D

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Most of the posts in this thread can be seen as "nonsense" in relation to the "expert" (sure, mine too) and just lower the distance to be an "expert" :D
At least this thread does not contain,
You should start a new thread
Forum search is working
etc.​
which sometimes have created flares, I have seen :D:D:D:D:D

Regards,

Anand