Other Miss Alt-2 Compile command in in the new IDE 5.0

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by b4auser1, Jun 9, 2015.

1. b4auser1

b4auser1 Well-Known Member Licensed User

I miss in the new IDE 5.0 Alt-2 Compile command.
    New command Ctrl-B Build configurations requires additional action - to press Ok in the Build configuration Window.
    Please add Alt-2 Compile command that builds current configuration and doesn't show Build configuration Window.

Thank you.

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Alt + 2 is not required as "test compilation" happens all the time in the background.

Ctrl + b is not a new command. It is the same as in previous versions.

3. b4auser1

Thank you. After your explanation I noticed error messages in the Logs panel and highlighted lines in the code. Will try to get used :)

DonManfred likes this.
  4. b4auser1

"test compilation" in the background performs in the async mode and I often see error highlighted lines, although I have corrected errors. I have to Ctrl-B Build configurations, to remove them in order to ensure that no mistakes in the code.
    Is it possible to add this function back ?
    Thank's in advance.

5. Erel

This function will not be returned. The current feature is much more powerful and it happens in the background as well. Why do you need to change the build configuration?

6. b4auser1

I use Ctrl-B Build configurations, to remove error highlighted lines in order to ensure that no mistakes in the code, since "test compilation" in the background performs in the async mode and I often see error highlighted lines, although I have already corrected errors.

7. Erel

It shouldn't take more than a second or two for the errors to be updated.

8. b4auser1

Yes, in general error highlighted lines disappear in 1-2 sec. But I had several cases that only after I had done Ctrl-B Build configurations the error highlighted lines disappeared.

9. b4auser1

Today I have faced with a case, when an error highlighted line doesn't disappear even after F5 Compile & Run finished. I applied Ctrl-B Build configurations to remove it.

10. basic4mace

basic4mace New Member Licensed User

I am still seeing this issue with version 5.80.
    I even had an error the looks like it prevented me from saving.
    I had to Alt+3 to clear it up.

Thanks.