Android Question Missing BAL file

thierry6031

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I have a strange problem.
I am developing 2 applications.
Both have the same requirements in term of SDK : android:minSdkVersion="5" android:targetSdkVersion="26"
One is using the GPS feature, so I have some code in the starter
<code>
Sub Service_Create
GPS1.Initialize("GPS")
shared = rp.GetSafeDirDefaultExternal("shared")
End Sub
</code>
The other is just a timer app, so nothing there.
Both are running in release mode on my Samsung Galaxy S4, running android 5.0.1.
But the later can't be run in debug, I always get an error like this
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create service thlsoft.vcm.clock.starter: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/thlsoft.vcm.clock/files/virtual_assets/initdimanche.bal: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)
The First app is actually creating the folder where I can find the BAL file and can be run in debug mode.

Any Idea?
Is it mandatory to have code in the Starter ?

Thanks.
Thierry

Running B4A 8.50

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. Use Code Tags
2. make sure to use TWO FOLDER for your two projects. One project in each folder. Including files folder.
3. make sure to sync the files folder in the IDE in each of the projects.

Upvote 0

wes58

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I have a strange problem.
I am developing 2 applications.
Both have the same requirements in term of SDK : android:minSdkVersion="5" android:targetSdkVersion="26"
One is using the GPS feature, so I have some code in the starter
<code>
Sub Service_Create
GPS1.Initialize("GPS")
shared = rp.GetSafeDirDefaultExternal("shared")
End Sub
</code>
The other is just a timer app, so nothing there.
Both are running in release mode on my Samsung Galaxy S4, running android 5.0.1.
But the later can't be run in debug, I always get an error like this
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create service thlsoft.vcm.clock.starter: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/thlsoft.vcm.clock/files/virtual_assets/initdimanche.bal: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)
The First app is actually creating the folder where I can find the BAL file and can be run in debug mode.

Any Idea?
Is it mandatory to have code in the Starter ?

Thanks.
Thierry

Running B4A 8.50
I had similar problem with bal file used in widgetservice - file couldn't be found. To solve it (in my case) I had to use legacy debugger - tick in IDE Options - "Use Legacy Debugger"

Upvote 0