iOS Question modification doesn`t applied when building release app

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdarrahim talbi

Licensed User
Hi,
i have modified the code, when i build b4i-bridge the changes appears,but after when i build the release app , the changes disappear ! any ideas ?

abdarrahim talbi

Licensed User
is there a posibility that when i download the release mode, an old version is downloaded ? not the version i modified lately ?
i m still stuck here, can you explain to me the principal that happens when i create the release app ? is there any tutorial ?

Upvote 0

abdarrahim talbi

Licensed User
that s exactly what i did, see the picture attached. the application compiled with a non store provision profile as you can see
the modifications i made doesn t appear in release mode ! it appears only when building b4i bridge !!!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    22.7 KB · Views: 161
Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Package name normally is a reverse of your domain name + your app id.
For example, com.sendatrack.trackingapp where sendatrack.com (your domain) and trackingapp (your app id)

You may need to create a new provision profile with wildcard such as com.sendatrack.* so in the future you can make another app which use the same provision profile.

For example the second app id is drivingapp so your package name is com.sendatrack.drivingapp

Please refer to the following link:

Upvote 0

abdarrahim talbi

Licensed User
Okay thanks, i will do it. do you think your proposal is a solution for my problem here? the reason behind the modifications do not appear in release mode is reliable with the app ID ?

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am not sure but what I understand is we should not use package name ends with .bridge because when we debug our app using B4i bridge, our app will have package name such as com.sendatrack.trackingapp.bridge so in your case it will ended up something like app.sendatrack.com.bridge.bridge

Upvote 0

abdarrahim talbi

Licensed User
Okay i see, i`m using `app.sendatrack.com` when building b4i bridge ! but the build failed in release mode cause the app ID is `app.sendatrack.com.bridge`.
so i think your proposal is totaly correct!
the problem i have to update an app with the bundle id `app.sendatrack.com.bridge`, it will not affect anything if i use a provision profile with this ID `app.sendatrack.com` ?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.