B4J Question Modules to specify

Max66

Licensed User
Hello everybody. I am rather new to B4J, so, sorry if I ask a kind of nerd question.
I have installed B4J in my computer (Win10, 64bit, Java 11 SDK) and also Java JDK version 11.0.12 in my Raspberry Pi.
The B4J IDE informs that the Bridge is connected, but when I try to run the example it happens what you see below.
Some 'module' is missing in some place, possibly by the side of the Rasp. But what?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Update: at the Rasp side, after launching the Bridge, there is not any JavFX module recognized. I have downloaded and extracted the Bellsoft file and it seems it not gave any error/problem.

Maxi Guzman.

1647536950253.png

Last edited:

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Java JDK version 11.0.12 i
Not every jdk is suitable for raspberry UI compilation.

Follow this thread:

Upvote 0

Max66

Licensed User
Hello, I've got the JavaFX modules to load when the bridge is launched at the Raspside, but now, when I run the Java example in the B4J side....
1647891934007.png

New error about the heap size allocation.
Any help?

Thanks!!

Upvote 0

MicroDrie

Licensed User
You wrote this
I have installed B4J in my computer (Win10, 64bit, Java 11 SDK) and also Java JDK version 11.0.12 in my Raspberry Pi.
And this said the installation guide:
  • Download one of the following JDKs. Note that OpenJDK 11 requires Windows 64 bit.
  • Recommended: OpenJDK 11 + OpenJFX 11: download link.
Why should you then install on Win10 the 64bit, Java 11 SDK?

Why if you install against the advice in another SDK as adviced and while you can use the same SDK on both the Win10 and the Raspberry Pi environment?

It really simple uninstall both the wrong SDK and B4J IDEA, reboot the WIN10 and follow the installation flow step by step to avoid problems in an unsupported environment.

Upvote 0

Max66

Licensed User
Hi, thanks for your kind answer, MicroDrie. I was a bit confusef with that of 'one of the following SDKs...' but now I think that both instalation in the PC and in the Rasp are matching. The error right now is other.
If I do not find the solition, I will restart from the begining.
Thanks.

Upvote 0

Max66

Licensed User
Hello, I go step by step. Now I can make the application to run in the Raspberry, so... many thanks Enrique and MicroDrie. One new issue, this time is some warning showing right after the compilation:

1648396175295.png

Must I be concerned about that?

Upvote 0

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0