B4J Question Moqueutte - MQTT Broker - Multiple Instances

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good morning everyone,

searching the web about the maximum capability of moqueutte on which B4J MQTT Broker is based I have found in the past that it is 1024 clients. If I create several instances of this broker and connect them (each one posts in all the others its posted messages) according to my aproaching of this the total capacity must increase N times (N=total length of MQTT Brokers Array). Is this correct or not?

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
A client will only receive messages from a broker it's paired with. If you have several brokers each client must connect to each.

So no, increasing the brokers will not give you more clients.

I do not know if that limit you are saying is correct tho.

In theory you can load balance mqtt brokers but the B4J implementation may not be capable of that.

You should try to use an independent mqtt broker that will give you more clients and capabilities

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
A client will only receive messages from a broker it's paired with. If you have several brokers each client must connect to each.

So no, increasing the brokers will not give you more clients.

I do not know if that limit you are saying is correct tho.

In theory you can load balance mqtt brokers but the B4J implementation may not be capable of that.

You should try to use an independent mqtt broker that will give you more clients and capabilities

According to what I had in mind it was connect to each one an other client and communicate between clients with variables. Partly you are completely right though as I mentioned only the broker part.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
According to what I had in mind it was connect to each one an other client and communicate between clients with variables. Partly you are completely right though as I mentioned only the broker part.

But now that I think of it better I can just point all the clients to the same event in the receiving part and call a sub that will send to all the others.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Upvote 0