B4J Question MSIX Packaging Tool errors when uploading to Windows Store

cjpryor

Licensed User
I get the following errors when I try to upload an msix file generated from my unsigned B4J generated setup executable.

This is the result when I attempt to upload an unsinged msix file:
Invalid package identity name: net.nmcollector.nmCollectorCP (expected: 7508nmCollector.netLLC.NMCollectorSoftwareCP)

Invalid package family name: net.nmcollector.nmCollectorCP_4bqbfehfpxetr (expected: 7508nmCollector.netLLC.NMCollectorSoftwareCP_4bqbfehfpxetr)

This is the result when I attempt to upload a singed msix file:
Invalid package identity name: net.nmcollector.nmCollectorCP (expected: 7508nmCollector.netLLC.NMCollectorSoftwareCP)

Invalid package family name: net.nmcollector.nmCollectorCP_vegrr4b3xh7f6 (expected: 7508nmCollector.netLLC.NMCollectorSoftwareCP_4bqbfehfpxetr)

Invalid package publisher name: CN=nmCollector.net LLC, O=nmCollector.net LLC, L=Albuquerque, S=New Mexico, C=US (expected: CN=[redacted])

Any suggestions?

Thanks

cjpryor

Licensed User
@Erel I definitely thought of that but could not convince myself to do it. It just does not seem like the right thing to do!

However, thanks to your question, I will try that sometime next week.

BTW, I know this is off-topic but relevant as to why I might not get back to your suggestion immediately, I am busy developing a voter registration change monitoring/notification application for my local republican party. It is amazing how easy it is to apply what I learned from my previous development to this new problem. I had not worked with Excel yet but it was so easy to build a B4XTable from an excel spreadsheet using XLUtils, PoiWorkbook, then allowing the end user to filter contents of the B4XTable based on values in the columns and then export the results to another excel spreadsheet AND email it to those who need to be notified. I did it all in one afternoon!!!! However, I will meeting with end users and incorporating their suggestions over the next couple of days. I will also create a command line version for automation once we all agree on what that command-line version should do and how it should be triggered.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GabrielM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Your product has a unique identity, assigned by the Store.
If you are building your package manually (that includes MSIX tool) , you'll need to include its identity details.

This is the way I do, probably there are other methods as well:

Go to your Microsoft Partner Center - Dashboard,
Select your Application,
Go to Product Management,
Select : Product Identity

You should be able to see on the right hand side pane the Values that will need to be included in the Application manifest (i.e. your MSIX Package) for the:

Package/Identity/Name
Package/Identity/Publisher
Package/Properties/PublisherDisplayName

Copy those and use them in your MSIX Package Editor (i.e. in the Package Information section).

Also, make sure you select an operational Time Stamp server for validating your (pfx) certificate.

Upvote 0