Android Example Multiple layout

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Examples' started by palmaf, Mar 6, 2015.

1. palmaf

palmaf Member Licensed User

I am trying to use the examples relating to layout or multiple panels . But all the files give me error "The value cannot be null" "parameter name: input Error File twolayouts1.bal: "I have read that the files were correct. I have perhaps made a mistake ? Thanks

2. omidaghakhani1368

omidaghakhani1368 Well-Known Member Licensed User

Hi
    Maybe you use code in designer script that not correct.
    Please check designer script.

3. palmaf

I have not changed any part of the code nor the scripts of the designer

4. schemer

schemer Active Member Licensed User

I have that project here and it seems I may have seen that error and fixed it. Here is a working copy of that project for you to try as it works fine over here.
    schemer

Attached Files:

5. klaus

klaus Expert Licensed User

Which programs are you refering to ?

6. schemer

I think he is referring to your example named "TwoPanelLayouts" because of the twolayouts1.bal file mentioned. When unzipped it creates a folder named "TowPanelLayouts" spelled with the word "Tow" in the unzipped folder. :D
    schemer

7. palmaf

I was referring to the file TwoActivityLayouts. I tried the file of schemer and works perfectly. While TwoActivityLayouts gives me errors that i have listed. Thanks

8. schemer

I just tried that one and for some reason you have to open TwoLayouts1 in the designer and then "Save it". You do not need to make any changes. Then it will work. I think it has to do with some changes in the updated IDE or Designer. Open the Designer, then open TwoLayouts1 from the file menu in the Designer. Then click on Save from the file menu. :cool:
    schemer

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  9. klaus

As a workaround go to the Designer, load each layout and save it again then it works.
    These are 'old' projects and the old layout files need to be saved again.
    Tomorrow I will update the four projects.

10. palmaf

Hello from Rome, I tried the solution of Schemer , when compiling does not give me errors , but i have no object on the activity and i have only one . I look forward to the correction of Klaus . Thanks to everyone for the interest

11. klaus

12. palmaf

Thanks Klaus, works perfectly :)

13. schemer

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice