Share My Creation My APKs - backup your phone/tablet apps (WITHOUT ROOT)

I've published on Android Market (Google Play) a new app My APKs 1.0

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.frankygoes.myapks

Description from the market:

My APKs will make a backup of installed android applications on your phone or tablet, allowing you to restore them without an internet connection and avoiding market long search and download times.

My APKs will give you the power of easily sharing an application with peoples by email, bluetooth, wifi, skype and more.

Main features:

* Backup: do the backup of installed applications on the phone or tablet
* Report: create a list of the applications in TXT, HTML and PDF format
* Details: give information about an application
* Copy to: do the backup of a single application
* Share (apk): share an application as attachment via email, bluetooth, wifi, skype and more
* Share (url): share the market link of an application
* Open market: go to the market page of an application

Totally free and ad free.

Give it a look and let me your comments :D
Thank you.

Attachments

• screenshot 1 home.jpg
    screenshot 1 home.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 16,533
  • screenshot 2 menu.jpg
    screenshot 2 menu.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 427
  • screenshot 3 item.jpg
    screenshot 3 item.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 404
  • screenshot 4 backup.jpg
    screenshot 4 backup.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 384
  • screenshot 5 restore.jpg
    screenshot 5 restore.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 393
  • screenshot 6 settings.jpg
    screenshot 6 settings.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 437
  • screenshot 7 help.jpg
    screenshot 7 help.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 424
Last edited:

frapel

Licensed User
Longtime User
My APKs 1.1 update - backup your phone/tablet apps (WITHOUT ROOT)

I've published on Android Market (Google Play) a new app My APKs 1.0

My APKs will make a backup of installed android applications on your phone or tablet, allowing you to restore them without an internet connection and avoiding market long search and download times.

My APKs will give you the power of easily sharing an application with peoples by email, bluetooth, wifi, skype and more.

Main features:

* Backup: do the backup of installed applications on the phone or tablet
* Report: create a list of the applications in TXT, HTML and PDF format
* Details: give information about an application
* Copy to: do the backup of a single application
* Share (apk): share an application as attachment via email, bluetooth, wifi, skype and more
* Share (url): share the market link of an application
* Open market: go to the market page of an application

Totally free and ad free.

Give it a look and let me your comments :D
Thank you.

I've updated My APKs to 1.1:

What's new:
- added option to stop backup by pressing BACK key
- added check for protected apk (cannot save them)
- added information in apk detail (for Android versions that allow these)
- improved readability of settings font
- removed confirmation on menu exit
- clarified directory of saving in settings

It's totally free and without ads, so if you can please LIKE on Facebook and +1 on Google Plus and share My APKs.

Thank you for your support.

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Like I said before, nice app!!

If I may, I'd like to give you a few suggestions/observations:

1- When generating the report, give a chance to VIEW it from within the app, just showing a ToastMessage is not enough, besides, I'd have to browse using another app like a file manager to get to the directory and see the report.

2- Add an EMAIL feature, that way you can email the report and/or the APK's, let's say, what happens if your phone dies? you can have a copy of all your APKs somewhere else.

3- The fonts under SETTINGS are way too small.

4- The FEEDBACK option, I keep getting the error: "Sorry it seems not possible to send message", in fact, any SMS action generates that error.

5- If I select PDF as the format for reports the app freezes and Force Closes.

Last edited:

frapel

Licensed User
Longtime User
Like I said before, nice app!!

If I may, I'd like to give you a few suggestions/observations:

1- When generating the report, give a chance to VIEW it from within the app, just showing a ToastMessage is not enough, besides, I'd have to browse using another app like a file manager to get to the directory and see the report.

2- Add an EMAIL feature, that way you can email the report and/or the APK's, let's say, what happens if your phone dies? you can have a copy of all your APKs somewhere else.

3- The fonts under SETTINGS are way too small.

4- The FEEDBACK option, I keep getting the error: "Sorry it seems not possible to send message", in fact, any SMS action generates that error.

5- If I select PDF as the format for reports the app freezes and Force Closes.

Hey NJDude,
first of all, thx a lot for your reply and appreciation.

Second, I'm always (I try to be...) open to suggestions/observations and points of view different from mine, so you're welcome ;)

Here my reply to your statements:

1) yes, OPEN REPORT AFTER GENERATION is already on my todo list for next versions of My APKs (my real problem is the lack of time and too much ideas to realize... and android dev is only my "third big work" give a look at frankygoes.com hehe) so I hope I'll carry you this option soon

2) YEEES, this is a very interesting option to add, thank you for this idea --> TODO list

3) you're right, the 1.0 release had this problem, the 1.1 desc settings have a font slightly bigger (not so much)

4) on Feedback action if I choose SMS this give me a blank message, but if I use my Gmail account to send feedback it does the work (tested on different phones and tablets), which device are you using?

5) I discovered this behaviour on 3 different Samsung Galaxy SII devices, all other phones or tablets generated PDF report without problems... I'm trying to find a solution but doesnt seem so easy to me...

Again, thank you for your interest in My APKs.

:sign0089:
Francesco

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've tested your app on an HTC EVO 4G and an LG phone, same issues on both.

Regarding the SMS, maybe is the way you are opening the SMS client, I found some similar issues but I got a solution and it seems to work across the board.

The PDF issue is another problem, I've encountered difficulties using the PDF lib (if your are using it) it doesn't work on certain devices.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
e vai Frankygoes!

Always nice with musicians (amateurs or not) here. There are quite a few I think. Maybe we finally can get some top-class Android music-software like those produced by IK Multimedia and similar. A nice guitar-amp, right? :)

Sorry for the out-of-topic. I just had to... Nice guitar-playing by the way :sign0188:

frapel

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've tested your app on an HTC EVO 4G and an LG phone, same issues on both.

Regarding the SMS, maybe is the way you are opening the SMS client, I found some similar issues but I got a solution and it seems to work across the board.

The PDF issue is another problem, I've encountered difficulties using the PDF lib (if your are using it) it doesn't work on certain devices.

For Feedback action I use the following code:
B4X:
Dim message As Email

Try
   message.To.Add("[email protected]")
   message.subject = "My APKs 1.1 feedback"
   message.body = "[write here your comment]"
   StartActivity(message.GetIntent)
Catch
   Msgbox2("Sorry, it seems not possible to send message...", "My APKs", "OK", "", "", getAppIcon)
End Try

I don't know why android os give me the chance to choose Messages (SMS) among the others (Gmail, other Email, Bluetooth, ...) and then I got a blank new sms standard dialog... If instead I select Gmail or another email account the correct feedback message (mail) is created.

For PDF issue, yes I'm using PDF Writer lib. I have half an idea that some image corrupt or crash the generation process during last phases... if I solve the clue I will report here on the forum :BangHead:

e vai Frankygoes!

Always nice with musicians (amateurs or not) here. There are quite a few I think. Maybe we finally can get some top-class Android music-software like those produced by IK Multimedia and similar. A nice guitar-amp, right? :)

Sorry for the out-of-topic. I just had to... Nice guitar-playing by the way :sign0188:

Thank you moster67 for reply, for opening fg link and for appreciatin' my music :cool:

As musician and composer (and developer!!!) I follow IK Multimedia, NI and similar companies since several years, today Android OS is a mature platform than a couple of years ago and like you I'm waiting for more serious musical softwares on my android phone and tablet...

Thank you guys
:sign0089:

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Try this code:
B4X:
Try

Dim Message As Intent

Uri = "mailto:[email protected]?subject=My APKs 1.1 feedback&body=[write here your comment]"

Message.Initialize(Message.ACTION_VIEW, Uri)

StartActivity(Message)

Catch

Msgbox2("Sorry, it seems not possible to send message...", "My APKs", "OK", "", "", getAppIcon)

End Try

This code will open the default Email client.

And speaking of music, take a look at one of my apps: Bandcaster

Last edited:

frapel

Licensed User
Longtime User
Try this code:
B4X:
Try

Dim Message As Intent

Uri = "mailto:[email protected]?subject=My APKs 1.1 feedback&body=[write here your comment]"

Message.Initialize(Message.ACTION_VIEW, Uri)

StartActivity(Message)

Catch

End Try

This code will open the default Email client.

And speaking of music, take a look at one of my apps: Bandcaster

NJDude, thx for your code, I will try it and you'll be in my Thanx :icon_clap:
Tomorrow I will travel abroad so when I'll be back at home (about 7-8 days) surely I release a 1.2 version of My APKs... and surely I'll look at your Bandcaster...

You beat me to to it. Thanks alot!
Jerry

Nice to know My APKs is useful to you, I developed it TOTALLY for myself (and like I wanted it) but it's a great satisfaction to contribute on this forum and give a tools for free to other people...

Jerry, if you have any suggestions about it you're welcome...

Thanx guys

frapel

Licensed User
Longtime User
My APKs 1.2 update - backup your phone/tablet apps (WITHOUT ROOT)

I'm leaving but I've found a free moment to update My APKs to version 1.2 :cool:

What's new in this version:

* added option to load system apps too
* added option to open report after generation
* improved feedback functionality (thanx to NJDude)
* light improvements to user interface

Please LIKE on Facebook and +1 on Google Plus and share My APKs. Thank you for your support.

Hope you'll enjoy it

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks nice! I'm a little worried, however, that it may be used to pirate software. possible?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

myriaddev

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wow! Thanks!

Nice app! I had to search MyApks, not My Apks in Play Store.
Also NJDude is correct, storeage address must not have a space.

I have 30+ same Android phones as a network, and I use this
product to make each phone the same with all free apps as a
group.

Thanks!, Jerry

Woinowski

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't think pirating is an issue

Looks nice! I'm a little worried, however, that it may be used to pirate software. possible?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Free apps can be copied anyhow. Paid apps should be copy protected (old Android feature) or have a licence check (new mechanism).

And there are other apps like Astro with similar backup features. Although, this one here looks nice and follows the rule "do one thing only, and do it good."

Woinowski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Had some time to give your app a try

I really like it. Good interface, no useless gimmicks.:sign0098:

frapel

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm finally back, thank you guys, for your appreciation and for your precious comments...

NJDude, android os allows use of spaces in path names, I look at your screenshots and I think some app have bug with space in paths... for example on some device HTML Viewer worked perfectly with "My APKs" space but on some other device the same default HTML Viewer reported the error in your screenshot... anyway in next versions I could leave user the choice of final folder :D (thanx again for supporting me with your screenshots...)

JonPM, thanx for your observation, me too worried about that but my final thought is oriented the same as Woinowski commented...

Jerry and Woinowski thanx a lot for your appreciation...

A little anticipation on next features of My APKs (I cannot say when 'cause my main work is at the moment in a critical situation...):

- improved GUI
- service at bootstrap (for autobackups...)
- more user settings

Best regards
Francesco

frapel

Licensed User
Longtime User
My APKs 1.3 update - backup your phone/tablet apps (WITHOUT ROOT)

I've published some minutes ago a new release of My APKs (not yet visible on the market at the time I'm writing here... slow slow slow gooooooogle play :BangHead:)

What's new in this version:

* now can be installed to external storage
* changed final backup folder from "My APKs" to "My_APKs" to solve space char issue
* added launch apps feature
* added permissions information in apk detail
* added option to generate pdf report without images (fix crash on some devices)
* added option to avoid notification of protected apk
* added option to send report to specific mail address
* improvements to user interface

Please LIKE on Facebook and +1 on Google Plus and share My APKs. Thank you.

Also I created for droidiani a public page on facebook: Droidiani - android apps | Facebook

Comments and critics (negative ones too!!!) are welcome :D