my app "myoop" needs your support on kickstarter

Wolfenci

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

If you use your cell phone camera as much as I do, then you probably know the moment when you have to copy the files to your PC. That always bothered me and that's why I developed a super easy-to-use app that always does it for me automatically.
When I told my friends about my app called myoop, I heard the less computer enthusiastic: "I want the app too!" I developed the app with B4A, of course. With what else? ;-)

the android app.jpg

That's why I've just started a crowdfunding campaign on kickstarter.com and it would be super nice if you could share the link to the campaign on your social media channels.
Thank you very much in advance for your support.

https://www.less-stress-software.de/

Attachments

• Projektbild.jpg
    Projektbild.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 153

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
Hello,

If you use your cell phone camera as much as I do, then you probably know the moment when you have to copy the files to your PC. That always bothered me and that's why I developed a super easy-to-use app that always does it for me automatically.
When I told my friends about my app called myoop, I heard the less computer enthusiastic: "I want the app too!" I developed the app with B4A, of course. With what else? ;-)

View attachment 119305

That's why I've just started a crowdfunding campaign on kickstarter.com and it would be super nice if you could share the link to the campaign on your social media channels.
Thank you very much in advance for your support.

https://www.less-stress-software.de/

Congratulations, good idea
May I know how you estimated the target amount to be achieved?

Wolfenci

Licensed User
Longtime User
Congratulations, good idea
May I know how you estimated the target amount to be achieved?
Of course.
On the one hand, I still need a few weeks to finish the development. In the first few months there will certainly still be bugs that also need to be fixed.

Calculating the number of servers for the cluster is not that simple. Let's say the app has 10,000 users. It is neither likely nor economically sensible to allow all 10,000 users to upload a 1GB video at the same time. On the other hand, you don't want to annoy users if it takes a long time to transfer a 10MB image. In addition, experience has shown that failures can be expected in such a cluster. E.g. through attacks or maintenance work. So enough servers must be available. One user may only use the app once a day to take one photo. Other users maybe 100 times a day. Contrary to popular belief, a server with a guaranteed bandwidth of at least 1GBit, correspondingly fast and large hard drives, and data transfer costs cannot be obtained for 19.90 euros/month.

In order to spread the app further, I have also earmarked a certain part of the money for a social media campaign.

Of the almost 42,000 euros, about 31,000 are available to me. The rest are taxes and fees. With the money I have to rent and operate a server cluster, complete the development and tests, and provide support for the users. For 12 months.

I hope that brings some clarity to the matter.
If you asked because you want to calculate something yourself, get in touch again.

Kind Regards
Thomas

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I work on cloud software development and architecture using Microsoft Azure. I'm interested in your cluster setup, are you planning to use a scaling out set of virtual machines or a set set of real machines in a datacentre? Scaled out burstable based VMs in a cloud setup like Azure could save you a lot of money.

Wolfenci

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Andy,
thank you for your interest in the technical details of the backend.

My infrastructure is based on real machines. I've also considered using dynamically scalable environments. If you have a certain number of users, your own solution is more economical.
If 1000 daily users use my app at the same time, a dynamically scaling solution is terrific. I usually only pay for the time / space / traffic used. Making this possible with your own solution, in which you tie up the backend resources on a monthly or even yearly basis, is usually not economical.
As a calculation example, let's assume that the 1000 users cause monthly costs of 80 euros in a dynamically scalable backend environment. The costs to be able to process these 1000 users with your own server amount to 350 euros / month. While having your own server doesn't pay off with 1000 users, the tide would turn if I had 10,000 users, for example. Because the own server is not busy 24/7 with 1000 users, but can serve a lot more users.
There are of course certain advantages of services beyond the world of virtual / real machines. However, that would lead too far here.

For my calculations, I am assuming at least 10,000 users who will use the app very often and thus cause a lot of storage space, a lot of bandwidth and a lot of data traffic.

Kind Regards
Thomas