iOS Question my app rejected..seller name..how?

naifnas

Licensed User
hi
my app rejected ..this message

B4X:
Specifically, it would be appropriate to submit the app under a seller name and company name that reflects the medical communication platform.

The Artist name is the Company name in iTunes Connect. For information on how to enroll the organization, you may visit What You Need to Enroll page on Apple Developer Program web site.
I not understand ..
I asked temp apple then agin reply this message.
I do same picture ..this right?????????????????

Attachments

• err.png
    err.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,931
  • er1r.png
    er1r.png
    159.1 KB · Views: 1,795

naifnas

Licensed User
Can you post the full rejection message?
thanks for answer
this full message
B4X:
4. 2 Design: Minimum Functionality
Hello Saleh,

Thanks for your response.

Specifically, it would be appropriate to submit the app under a seller name and company name that reflects the medical communication platform.

The Artist name is the Company name in iTunes Connect. For information on how to enroll the organization, you may visit What You Need to Enroll page on Apple Developer Program web site.

Best regards,

App Store Review

Upvote 0

naifnas

Licensed User
apple answer this message
i still dont know
B4X:
Hello Saleh,

Thanks for reply. However, we continue to find that it would be appropriate to submit the app under a seller name and company name that reflects the medical communication platform. The Artist name is the Company name in iTunes Connect.

For information on how to address this issue, please contact Apple Developer Program support. You can reach them by phone or online.

By telephone:
https://developer.apple.com/contact/phone/

Or online:
https://developer.apple.com/contact/

We hope you will consider making the necessary changes to be in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines and will resubmit your revised binary.

Best regards,

Upvote 0

naifnas

Licensed User
this message
B4X:
5. 2.1 Legal: Intellectual Property - General
Guideline 5.2.1 - Legal - Intellectual Property

The seller and company names associated with your app do not reflect the name “Tayep” in the app or its metadata, as required by Guideline 5.2.1 of the App Store Review Guidelines.

Next Steps

Your app must be published under a seller name and company name that reflects the Tayep name. If you have developed this app on behalf of a client, please advise your client to add you to the development team of their Apple Developer account. If your client does not yet have an Apple Developer account, they can enroll in the Apple Developer Program through the Apple Developer portal.

Note that submitting documentation showing permission to publish this app on behalf of the content owner or institution will not resolve this issue. This app must be submitted under the content owner’s own Apple Developer account.

To request a fee waiver for nonprofit organizations, accredited educational institutions, or U.S.-based government entities, follow the steps outlined on the Apple Developer Program Membership Fee Waivers page.

Once created, you cannot change your seller name or company name in iTunes Connect. For assistance with changing your company name or seller name, you will need to contact iTunes Connect through the Contact Us page. Select Getting Started from the first dropdown menu, then select General iTunes Connect Inquiry to contact the appropriate iTunes Connect team.

Upvote 0

aminoacid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Perhaps if you tell us what seller and company name you used when you created the App record along with some of the metadata (description, etc..), that would help connecting the dots in their somewhat cryptic response.

Upvote 0

aminoacid

Licensed User
Longtime User
I believe as of December 2017 Apple changed some of their guidelines on Intellectual Property (underlined part was added):

5.2 Intellectual Property
  • 5.2.1 Generally: Don’t use protected third party material such as trademarks, copyrighted works, or patented ideas in your app without permission, and don’t include misleading, false, or copycat representations, names, or metadata in your app bundle or developer name. Apps should be submitted by the person or legal entity that owns or has licensed the intellectual property and other relevant rights and is responsible for offering any services provided by the app.

Basically what this means is that if you have written the App for someone else, it needs to be submitted by them and not you. Which means they must purchase a Developer Account for $99/year and they or you can summit it on their behalf.

Upvote 0

naifnas

Licensed User
I believe as of December 2017 Apple changed some of their guidelines on Intellectual Property (underlined part was added):

5.2 Intellectual Property
  • 5.2.1 Generally: Don’t use protected third party material such as trademarks, copyrighted works, or patented ideas in your app without permission, and don’t include misleading, false, or copycat representations, names, or metadata in your app bundle or developer name. Apps should be submitted by the person or legal entity that owns or has licensed the intellectual property and other relevant rights and is responsible for offering any services provided by the app.

Basically what this means is that if you have written the App for someone else, it needs to be submitted by them and not you. Which means they must purchase a Developer Account for $99/year and they or you can summit it on their behalf.
thanks..
What's the solution ?

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
other person here in the forum had a similar situation but haven't told to us the final resoluton yet..
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...egal-intellectual-property.88236/#post-560105

It is your App and trademark?
if no, then my idea is to send to Apple a letter signed for the owner of that App/business.

EDIT: Ahh I see this:
Note that submitting documentation showing permission to publish this app on behalf of the content owner or institution will not resolve this issue. This app must be submitted under the content owner’s own Apple Developer account.
not sure now if a letter can help.. but it solved my problem in Android, in Apple I sent to thm a letter before Apple ask anything then I didn't have any problem.

EDIT2: note, in your first picture you didn't write any name (company) in your personal information/contact, it looks to me, you had to fill out all the information or show them a really connection between your App and the owner of that App
4. 2 Design: Minimum Functionality
Hello Saleh,

Thanks for your response.

Best regards,

App Store Review

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aminoacid

Licensed User
Longtime User
In 2012 I did an App for a TV Station. The icon for the App happened to be the Logo for the TV Station and since the TV Station was a CBS Affiliate had the CBS "eye" as part of the logo. Needless to say, the App was rejected. I had to get letters from the TV Station and CBS officially authorizing me to use the logos. At that time Section 5.2.1 did not have the clause (shown underlined in #15 above). Now that they have added it, supporting documentation may not work anymore. Looks like if I were to write the same App today (or perhaps even update their App), I would probably have to get the TV station a separate developer account and submit it from their account. At least that's the way I read the clause. It may however be worth getting some feedback from others who have been in this situation to know for sure.

Basically this will affect developers who develop Apps for other organizations. Previously you could use your developer account to develop Apps for as many customers as you wanted. Now it looks like you may have to have a separate developer account for each customer. Of course this will mean more revenue for Apple but in their interest and possibly the interest of their developers there may be legal reasons why they are doing this.

Looking forward to hearing any feedback/confirmation on this ......

Upvote 0