B4J Question Mysql and "LOAD DATA INFILE"

micro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi to all
I have same problems to load a csv file into Mysql db.
This is the code
B4X:
sql.ExecNonQuery2("LOAD DATA INFILE " & namedir & "\" & namef & " INTO TABLE Products", Array As String("FIELDS TERMINATED BY ';'"))

this is the exception
B4X:
java.lang.Exception:  java.sql.SQLException: Parameter index out of range (1 > number of parameters, which is 0).

Second test whitout arguments
B4X:
sql.ExecNonQuery("LOAD DATA INFILE " & namedir & "\" & namef & " INTO TABLE Products FIELDS TERMINATED BY ';'")

exception
B4X:
java.lang.Exception:  com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'F:\Progetti_SW_HW\B4J_Gest\products.csv INTO TABLE Products FIELDS TERMINATED' at line 1

tests also performed without quote char (')
Wher's the error?
Thanks

micro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Another option is to read the CSV file with StringUtils.LoadCSV and then add the records.
It's the function that always use, but if the db is too big the application waits a lot of time.
Thanks

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Am I totally mad or...

I have a vague memory of the possibility to disable indexes for a table and I was doing this when I had to insert a lot of records, then I did rebuild them.
Maybe I dream, because I do not remember what were the operating system, the DB and the language!

Anyway, I did some tests and that command works (I replied yesterday in the Italian forum: if this can be useful I can bring everything here).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

valentino s

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not sure, but it seems a problem of datas or structure.

Test with a new simple csv (don't use data already in your csv). If it works, it's not the software.

Could be:

1) structure of the tables doesn't allow duplicates, use ignore option
2) error in csv format (strings / integers/ dates)

To solve
1) use sql, not csv.
2) the error is:
near 'F:\Progetti_SW_HW\B4J_Gest\products.csv INTO TABLE Products FIELDS TERMINATED'

Is it the name of the file inside '...' ? In your example it's not.

Upvote 0

micro

Licensed User
Longtime User
For now i solved with LoadCSV and ExecNoQueryBatch, it's quite fast.
After return on the "LOAD DATA INFILE" problem
Thanks

Upvote 0