Android Question Mysql android connection

raphipps2002

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can write in vb.net and b4a and have a vb.net app which creates a Mysql hosted online.

I want to be able to read that Mysql and get records from vb but NOT from b4a.

I want to read the mysql from my ANDROID app

I have asked an indian developers to write a class so i can attach to my Android app to read the records.

I am not sure which language i need them to write it in and how to attach non b4a code.

Can anyone help out?

Last edited:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I want to be able to read that Mysql and get records from vb but not from b4a.
So you should ask your question in a vb.net forum and not here. This forum is about questions on how to do something with B4A. Or i am missing something?

Upvote 0

raphipps2002

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes. I want my b4a app to read the Mysql i created in vb.net. sorry if that was not clear.

I have read the tutorial about the php script being on the web server but i dont really understand what it means

1 So i have my credentials ; host db name username and password
2 in vb.net i have connection string similar to sqllite on local directory using b4a on android
3 but cant do same on b4a; have connection string to read Mysql. I understand direct read is not possible

It says to put PHP script on webserver. Not really sure how.

I create a mysql db and have access to this via myphpadmin and can see tables, and update data.

And here i am stuck

Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

raphipps2002

Licensed User
Longtime User
A lot of users will say to use https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...ation-of-rdc-remote-database-connector.61801/

But as all my MySQL apps are for internal business use only (no play store apps), I personally use the MySQL connection libraries from @DonManfred. there's no messing about and they just work straight out in 5 minutes flat, no uploading of anything, no messing about with server files etc and all my clients are more than happy with my solutions.
A lot of users will say to use https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...ation-of-rdc-remote-database-connector.61801/

But as all my MySQL apps are for internal business use only (no play store apps), I personally use the MySQL connection libraries from @DonManfred. there's no messing about and they just work straight out in 5 minutes flat, no uploading of anything, no messing about with server files etc and all my clients are more than happy with my solutions.

I apologise i am just a novice.

So what you mean is if i copy his code into my b4a app the host port password etc i will be able to read and write records?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0