Android Question Mysql android connection

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by raphipps2002, Feb 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. raphipps2002

raphipps2002 Active Member Licensed User

I can write in vb.net and b4a and have a vb.net app which creates a Mysql hosted online.

I want to be able to read that Mysql and get records from vb but NOT from b4a.

I want to read the mysql from my ANDROID app

I have asked an indian developers to write a class so i can attach to my Android app to read the records.

I am not sure which language i need them to write it in and how to attach non b4a code.

Can anyone help out?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  2. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

So you should ask your question in a vb.net forum and not here. This forum is about questions on how to do something with B4A. Or i am missing something?

3. raphipps2002

Yes. I want my b4a app to read the Mysql i created in vb.net. sorry if that was not clear.

I have read the tutorial about the php script being on the web server but i dont really understand what it means

1 So i have my credentials ; host db name username and password
    2 in vb.net i have connection string similar to sqllite on local directory using b4a on android
    3 but cant do same on b4a; have connection string to read Mysql. I understand direct read is not possible

It says to put PHP script on webserver. Not really sure how.

I create a mysql db and have access to this via myphpadmin and can see tables, and update data.

And here i am stuck

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  4. DonManfred

5. Peter Simpson

Peter Simpson Expert Licensed User

6. raphipps2002

I apologise i am just a novice.

So what you mean is if i copy his code into my b4a app the host port password etc i will be able to read and write records?

7. Peter Simpson

Your Android app will act like any other MySQL client, read, write etc everything...

8. DonManfred

9. Peter Simpson

Fair enough

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice