Android Question Need advice

basil99

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi to community!

I have the following problem and need smbdy to head me up into right direction ;-) So,

1. There is a set of various "devices" by different manufactures. All devices are able to sent data via Bluetooth

2. Some devices has win/android/ios software, some not

3. This software seems does't use 4 digit "PIN" to connect devices - if device is found, connection establish automatically and software "receives" data

Task is to create new android ( ios - later ) application that will be able to receive info from all devices and replace all this software "zoogarden" with other features for sure

Any ideas ? And thank you in advance

basil99

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you need to write applications to these devices or are they running an existing app which sends data in some predetermined way?

Yes and no. I need to make app able to read data from any device company have. No sending data back, just read. Existing apps for devices from manufacter "A" allow a lot of things, but useless for a manufacter "B" hardware. And some devices has no apps at all - they have some screens with displayed data and its proven fact they can sent vis Bluetooth. So, it "black box"

Idea is to make some "simple" app, so employer can pick random device, choose it from the list of "known" devices and use.

Upvote 0

basil99

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

basil99

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unless these devices come with such a feature then you cannot add it yourself (without creating an app that will listen to incoming connections).

Well, sorry for being so stupid, but what the point i should start to make this app ? Like what lib or example to try ? I'm totally out of clues

Upvote 0