Android Question Need advices to start a simple app

Himred

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello !

I'm new to B4a (purchased it yesterday) and I'm a confirmed programmer since 20 years coding in Basic on Atari, C on Amiga, Unix and even PHP.
As I hate Java, I decided to use B4a to start coding for Android.
The first App I want to code for training is a simple sudoku game and was wondering if I should use gameview library (and managing the tiles myself) or if it exists another library more suited for this kind of tiled app.
What's is somehow confusing for a new comer like me is the huge list of libraries available (thats a good point to have the choice).

Any adivce on the best direction will be appreciated.

Regards,

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi and wellcome.

Here there are so many older programmers (I still have an Atari, a museum piece :)).

For a game like Sudoku you do not need special libraries; I think you could use some library only to animate a little the game.

For the rest, all you need is many EditText, some Button and Labels

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Welcome on this forum !

I have written a Sudoku game, not published, without any special library.
I use several Panels for different layers (grid, numbers, small numbers etc), and everyting is done with graphic functions (Canvas), grid drawing, number drawing (big and small) etc.
But this is only one vision.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Welcome on this forum !

I have written a Sudoku game, not published, without any special library.
I use several Panels for different layers (grid, numbers, small numbers etc), and everyting is done with graphic functions (Canvas), grid drawing, number drawing (big and small) etc.
But this is only one vision.

Klaus, do not like me. Public it :)

Upvote 0