Android Question New developer verification requirements from August 31, 2023

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
To boost trust and transparency on Google Play, we're expanding developer verifications as part of our Play Console requirements policy.

To create a new Play Console developer account for an organization after August 31, 2023, you'll now need to include:

• A D-U-N-S number for your organization: Provided by Dun & Bradstreet, a D-U-N-S number is a unique nine-digit number that is used globally to identify businesses. Google will use your D-U-N-S number to verify your organization.
  • A contact phone number and email address for Google Play users: These will be shown on Google Play so that users can contact you. You'll need to verify them by receiving a code.

To help you prepare for these changes, we recommend reviewing your Dun & Bradstreet account to make sure that it's up to date with the latest information about your organization.

Developers with existing Play Console accounts will also be required to provide this information soon. We'll give existing developers plenty of notice to verify their accounts, and we'll send an update about these requirements later this year.

Read more in our blog, watch this PolicyBytes video, or register for a policy webinar - available for multiple regions (Global, India, Japan, Korea, South East Asia, or Indonesia).

Num3

Licensed User
Longtime User
To boost trust and transparency on Google Play
You will need a 3rd party ID from an American commercial company that sells (collected) data, credit & risk information and does sales & marketing to others. šŸ¤”

Sorry, but I already lost all trust right on the first sentence, and why the Fick should I be forced to give my company details to an American company, that is nothing more than a man in the middle for data mining? Things are bad, when google can't trust itself to verify their developers.

Google is going to get into trouble in the E.U. for this šŸ¤£

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
You will need a 3rd party ID from an American commercial company that sells (collected) data, credit & risk information and does sales & marketing to others. šŸ¤”

Sorry, but I already lost all trust right on the first sentence, and why the Fick should I be forced to give my company details to an American company, that is nothing more than a man in the middle for data mining? Things are bad, when google can't trust itself to verify their developers.

Google is going to get into trouble in the E.U. for this šŸ¤£
Why? Because he needs a new Ferrari.

Upvote 0