Android Question New SDK and Firebase-Integration. Am i able again to further wrap other Firebase components?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
New SDK and Firebase-Integration. Am i able again to further wrap other Firebase components?
In fact i am interested to update my old Firebase-Libraries.
Config, RT-DB, Firestore, ML-Translate, do a new wrapper for the new -standalone - Google MLKIT.
Most of them depends on the new firebase-installation-api. Based on the updated Firebase-Libraries like Messaging, Analytics i am expecting to get wraps for the other Components working again now. Am i right?

Also in the pipeline is a wrap for the new InAppMessaging...

Solution
Yes, you can wrap other Firebase components.

1. Some of the components depend on a declared "registrar". I can help you find this dependency.
2. You can see the declared registrars inside FirebaseAnalytics.jar. Look for a file named Firebase.b4x_excluded. If you need to change it then make a copy of this file with the addition and add it to your library. Users will use it with CreateResourceFromFile (replacing the current one).

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, you can wrap other Firebase components.

1. Some of the components depend on a declared "registrar". I can help you find this dependency.
2. You can see the declared registrars inside FirebaseAnalytics.jar. Look for a file named Firebase.b4x_excluded. If you need to change it then make a copy of this file with the addition and add it to your library. Users will use it with CreateResourceFromFile (replacing the current one).

Upvote 0
Solution