iOS Tutorial New way to upload ipa to App Store

I just found out that Application Loader is no longer exist or missing from the latest XCode 11.5 or 11.6 so to upload our B4i app, we need to download Transporter from the App Store.
1598364121883.png

Transporter:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/transporter/id1450874784?mt=12

Reference:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions...tion-loader-is-no-longer-included-in-xcode-11

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
D

Deleted member 103

I still use the "Application Loader" from time to time, because the transporter doesn't always work.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i use it for about the last 6 months.

I still use the "Application Loader" from time to time, because the transporter doesn't always work.

i don't have this option anymore. i am using xcode 11.5.
since xcode 11 application loader is missing so apple introduced 3 other ways to upload ipa files.
Transporter seems for me to be the best way.

D

Deleted member 103

i don't have this option anymore
then reinstall xcode 10+

Transporter seems for me to be the best way.
it's the best option for me too, only sometimes my Mac mini says that the login doesn't work, or something like that.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
then reinstall xcode 10+

why? i preffer to stay updated. this is why i always update my software, especially b4x product.

Mac mini says that the login doesn't work, or something like that.

yes i know what you mean. the fix for this is to go to icloud settings and uncheck everything. the restart the mac and it should work. this is a know bug.

D

Deleted member 103

why? i preffer to stay updated. this is why i always update my software, especially b4x product.
you can install xcode 10+ in parallel.
i also use xcode 11+ for B4x. ;)

D

Deleted member 103

yes i know what you mean. the fix for this is to go to icloud settings and uncheck everything. the restart the mac and it should work. this is a know bug.
I got a tip from Apple Support today; restart the Mac mini in Safe Mode and the problem will be resolved.

I tested today and it worked. :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

nwhitfield

Licensed User
Longtime User
iCloud and the keychain stuff it supports is just about the buggiest pile of junk I've seen from Apple. Some days it logs me out a few times. I thought originally it was because I had a really old mac.com address I used for it, so created a new one with a different domain, but it's still hopeless. Just as well I have all my passwords stored in LastPass, because I can't rely on keychain providing them to apps that think they've saved info. Honestly, at this stage, I would run a mile before implementing "Sign in with Apple" in an app, because my experience of AppleID leaves me thinking I'd be deluged with support requests for something I couldn't resolve.

Meanwhile, more pertinent to the thread, in this thread I posted a shell script, which is what I usually use now to upload to AppStore Connect. At least I know, since the app-specific password is in the script, that I'm not going to open Transporter and find my credentials missing again.