B4i Library [tool] OTA Deployer - Easily distribute your app to beta testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a tool for developers who use the hosted builder. With this tool your beta testers can install your app over the air by clicking on a link.

In order to distribute your app you need to follow these steps:

1. Add the beta tester device UDID to the provision file and download the updated file.
2. Compile your app in release mode, using the development certificate.
3. Download the archive with Tools - Build Server - Download Last Built.
4. Open archive.zip and extract the ipa file.
5. Run OTA Deployer (double click on the jar file), fill the fields and upload the ipa file to the server.

SS-2015-12-24_16.45.59.png

The server will return a long link starting with itms-services. Send this link to the beta testers (by email or any other way).

Notes

- The maximum allowed IPA size is 60mb.
- A single IPA file (the last one) is stored per account.
- IPA files will be deleted from the server after 30 days.

Download link: www.b4x.com/b4i/files/OTA_Deployer.jar

Last edited:

Taha

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, Erel!

I don't know why but jar files suddenly fail to open on my PC (Win10) with error "Could not find the main class.Program will exit. I tried to associate jar files with different Java versions, it doesn't help.

Last edited:

Taha

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, thanks! Started to work once I installed 8u40, thanks!

sergiones

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, I'm getting:

Error: Make sure that the account id is correct
(java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error).

I tried running prompt as administrator java -jar <file>

Disabled Windows firewall, I have no anti-virus software.

Can you help me please?

jazzzzzzz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I dont know why,now ota deployer shows this error

Error: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Graham Bancroft

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have done all the steps above (I think) and created an OAT "Success" Link, and have sent it to a friend who I want to test the app on his iPad.
He sent back the following
"I have tried to open this link in Safari but it won't open. Keeps saying that need to open it in the App Store but when you try that it just does nothing."
How and where does he need to submit the link please? He is not a developer or B4i user.

fransvlaarhoven

Licensed User
Longtime User
hallo,

I have a problem running the jar-file:

Error: Make sure that the account id is correct

what account Id I must enter in this field?

Graham Bancroft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, I have created a "DistributionProfile.mobilprovision" and have "ios_distribution.cer", when I use OAT I have used "my.id.SoftballRules20142017" as my package name and "SoftballRules20142017"as the App name and am using my hosted compiler ID as the Account ID. I have at present assigned 3 devices (my iPhone and 2 Ipads).
The email appears to have a contiguous link. Question, if I were to send you my link (via an email), would you be able to tell if it would get to the package, or would your device need to be a registered device to get there (I expect it would not install?)

fransvlaarhoven

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hosted builder account.

I'm using the following system:

- the app downloads the link and some version info somewhere from a server
- when a new version is available, the app opens the link with Main.App.OpenURLAsync(......)
- as server, I use HttpServer library of Android, running on a MINIX NEO U9
- I use No-IP.org service and access the server over the internet

the result is that the app is updating itself....:)

In short:
Bringing some bits and pieces of the B4X-family together allowed me to build a simple but effective system
Even converting a complex application from Android to IOS took me only about 100 hours work without no prior knowledge of IOS

B4X is the only tool I can imagine that allows me to do such things ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.