Nice weather here :)

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The video is fascinating. But it raises a question to me, what scope does the drone remote control have?

The distance seemed to me a lot.

jimmyF

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not so nice here :)

FB_IMG_1514486912766.jpg

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It depends on the terrain and whether there are obstacles between the controller and the drone. In this video the maximum distance is about 1.5km and the reception was low. The video itself is stored on the drone.
1.5Km is a lot. Does it do the same in alterity? Can he climb 1km?

So the path did it without a remote control? Was it already set?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can he climb 1km?
There is a software limit. 500 meters if I remember correctly.

So the path did it without a remote control?
It was not pre-set. It was controlled with the remote controller. If the reception is lost then it starts returning back to the home point. It didn't happen in this flight.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very charming. One day I'll buy one.

Here in Italy the drones used for play, by law can be made to fly by day in direct visual contact at most 200 meters away and at a maximum height of 70 meters

It is not possible to fly a drone for recreational use in the garden / terrace of your home if it is in an urban context.
For hobby reasons it is not allowed to fly in an area where there are people, such as a wedding.

For professional use, such as photographers or video makers, the rules change. A pilot course is required, and ask for permission if you fly where there are people.

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks like a beautiful place!

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this home, Erel? Its staggeringly beautiful.

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am jealous ā€“ look at that blue sky, and I bet it's warm. I would spend all my time mountain biking on those roads and paths.

Here it is near me:

upload_2018-2-4_14-5-31.png

Looks like a shot from a DJI drone.

I am looking at a DJI Spark to play with over the summer. In the USA the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) severely limits where drones can be flown. The rules sound similar to the rules in Italy.

I looked at your post from January 2017 for the DJI libraryā€¦

At the bottom of your first post you have the following:

upload_2018-2-4_14-11-35.png

If I understand this correctly, does this mean that the libraries and example attachments that are included in the links use the newer version of the library?

The newer library version is not compatible with B4A until B4A version 8.0 is released?

The newer version of the library was required since DJI firmware updates made the older version of the library incompatible with their drones?

Is the above correct?

Thanks,
Barry.

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-4_14-10-38.png
    upload_2018-2-4_14-10-38.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 214

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this home, Erel? Its staggeringly beautiful.
what you've seen is Erel's home garden.
And it did not show you the 2000 square meter pool

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure about the Phantom-series. I believe there are 3 versions (Phantom3, Phantom Advanced and then Phantom4). These were the first consumer-models.

At a certain point, DJI introduced the Mavic Pro which is similar performance wise to the Phatom4 but smaller to carry with you despite having the same specs (or even better). Later DJI came out with the Spark model which is the one which costs less (USD 400 I think) and now recently they released Mavic Air which is in the middle between Mavic Pro and Spark although Mavic Air has some some features which are not present on the Mavic Pro (such as obstacle sensors also at the rear and some software which makes it fly around obstacles instead of stopping). The Spark can shoot videos/pictures in 1080 while Mavic Air and Mavic Pro is 4K.

If you search YouTube, you can find many reviews, also in Italian, of above models.

Anyway, there are other brands as well but one could say that DJI is "Apple" in the drone market.

Last edited:

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the explanation. P.S. I do not love Apple :p but I understand the meaning.
Are all controlled by a mobile device?

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Are all controlled by a mobile device?
Most DJI products have both, Remote Control and/or mobile device (depends on the range - how far they can fly - the Mavic Pro can reach 7km until the battery dies although this is also regulated by local laws and the software/GPS).