No alert for mentions in the forum

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't seem to be getting alerts when mentioned in forum posts although I have both Alert and Push turned on in my preferences.

1614874760145.png

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
same here but has it ever worked?
Yes, I remember getting notifications in the past. Couldn't tell you how long ago though. I just happend to be reading a thread in which I had a mention, and obviously missed it.

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ahh just checked again, the mention was to the wrong person (SteveL) instead of SteveL05. So it may be working. Just going to test it, if I can mention myself @stevel05

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Sandman, nothing yet but I'll give it some time.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, people can comment on your profile posts, so perhaps that's it?

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe, but then why have the @stevel05 ability in the forum posts if it doesn't do anything. I'm sure we'll get a definitive answer in due course.

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
i have just searched this problem on XenForo (forum platform) and a lot of people are having the same problem.
This is one of them :

i think it's related to the new update that recently erel made "latest libraries" maybe he overwrote the permission : "Maximum mention alerts per message" and set it to zero by mistake :

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the same issue too.
More so, I had a user answering a thread I created and I was not notified, not even when he mentioned me explicitly.

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
@stevel05
He did it again without putting the correct mention šŸ¤£

Just wanted to alert you :)

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
One more issue I am not sure anyone experience the same. There is something strange about the time zone. Some posts of another member in another time zone are only appear later.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
One more issue I am not sure anyone experience the same. There is something strange about the time zone. Some posts of another member in another time zone are only appear later.
Posts of "unlicensed users" are moderated so they don't appear immediately.

i think it's related to the new update that recently erel made "latest libraries" maybe he overwrote the permission
It is not related.

Nothing has changed in the forum settings in the last couple of months. Not sure why user mentions don't raise alerts.