iOS Question Non-public API usage:

Discussion in 'iOS Questions' started by morphe2011, Jan 13, 2019.

1. morphe2011

morphe2011 Member Licensed User

Hello All. I read the previous explanation and double checked that I am in fact using the correct profile. This is actually version 1.9.9 of KVL Flashcards. This is the error:
    Non-public API usage:

The app contains one or more corrupted binaries. Rebuild the app and resubmit.

What did I miss? What am I doing wrong?

Most thanks as always for any assistance

2. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

3. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Make sure to build the app with a store provision profile. Check the compilation window text.

4. morphe2011

Good Day

As you can see from the attached I am using a store provision. The commented profile is used for development .I have complied and posted numerous versions of this app (and others) using the same method.The only variable that has changed is my host builder which I recently renewed.

Attached Files:

5. Erel

The hosted builder id not relevant.

Have you tried to make a new build and submit it again?

6. morphe2011

Yes three times. The only changes between this version and the one that is live are very minor- I corrected a spelling mistake and separated the results being stored for addition and multiplication. I tested the changes as I always do using my developer provision/certificate. I then comment them off, switch to the store profile, build, download and then upload via iTunes following the same process I have done countless times before. My Apple account is good until December and nothing else has changed. I can forward the full email from Apple if that will help.

7. Erel

Will check it. I recommend you to remove the color picker class and the dependency on the swift library. There are better options and the swift library makes the compilation process much more complicated.

8. morphe2011

Would you like the full email from Apple? As far as a color changer goes what are my other/better options. The app itself is being used by special needs children and adults for whom English is a second language. Changing the background color easily is a critical requirement.

Attached Files:

9. Erel

I believe that I found the cause of this problem which is related to the swift libraries.

I've submitted an app update to make sure that the fix is working. Once it is approved I'll apply the fix to the hosted builders.

10. morphe2011

Good Day. Just after 7:30 AM here.
    Most Thanks but weird as I've been using the swift library all along

11. Erel

It is related to the Xcode 10.1 upgrade.

12. morphe2011

Ahhh. I've told the client to expect an update for Wednesday. Is that enough time or should I push it out further into the week?

13. Erel

I'm waiting for Apple to approve an update I made. It can take a few days. If it will take too long I will update the builders as the fix is most probably working.

14. morphe2011

Ok Most Thanks as always

15. Erel

My update was rejected because of a screenshot issue... It will be eventually resolved.
    I've made the required change on the hosted builders. You can try it

Developers who are using a local Mac and use a swift library (at this point I recommend not to use such libraries) should follow these instructions:

Download the attached jar and copy it to: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/swift/iphoneos
    Open terminal and run:
    cd /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/swift/iphoneos

java -jar strip.jar

At a test you can run this command:
    lipo -i *.dylib

All resources should only have arm64 and armv7 binaries.

Attached Files:

16. morphe2011

I was just about to call it a night . . .
    Most Thanks. What can you recommend as a replacement for the swift library that I am using?

17. Erel

18. morphe2011

Most Thanks

19. morphe2011

FYI whatever you fixed in the builder was accepted for upload by the Apple Gods and is now In Review. Most Thanks again

Erel likes this.
  20. Erel

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice