B4J Question NON UI App - javaw.exe in Task Manager

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello All

We have developed a NON UI server app. First of many :)

My question is, can the name be changed so in task manager it can be easy to identify which server app is running.

I have tried Launch4J but it does not do it. The jar file is not run as a console app.

Regards

John.

Roycefer

Licensed User
Longtime User
The jAWTRobot library can give you your server's processID. This will help you determine what to kill in Task Manager.

Additionally, you should download Process Explorer from sysinternals.com. It is a far superior version of Task Manager that shows you the full command that spawned a process, which other process spawned it, the working directory, etc... Using that, it's a pretty simple matter to determine which java process is which.

Upvote 0

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks for the reply's. It not exactly what I am looking for. We are re-developing all our servers apps in B4J (leap of faith) and our system can be offered as a cloud service or deployed as an in house service to our customer base. At the moment when we look at task manager we can see what .exe's are running, but with b4j it is not that easy. So if a server app needs to be restarted for what ever reason we wont be able to identify which one it is.

I thought the maybe a command arg to app to the app that would mask the javaw.exe name with another.

Regards

John

Upvote 0

Roycefer

Licensed User
Longtime User
The jAWTRobot library has a few functions that allow you to restart the app programmatically.

Upvote 0