Android Question [NOT YET SOLVED]CLOUD KVS Clarify.

jahswant

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been using jRDC 2 since 2 years to do a sync data between my clients and it's working not very well. But i'm looking at KVS and I see many using it. I wnt to clarify.I have a POS app with perations on stocks and all the like.

#UPDATE Commands
sql.UPDATE_Stock = UPDATE Stock SET Stock_Quantity = Stock_Quantity + ?,Shop_Code = ? WHERE Stock_Code = ? AND UserID = ? And Shop_Global = ?
sql.Update_Profile_Details = UPDATE Profile_Details SET Action_Enabled = ? WHERE Role_Code = ? AND Profile_Code= ? AND UserID = ? And Shop_Global = ?

#DELETE Commands
sql.DELETE_Sales = DELETE FROM Sales WHERE Sales_Code = ? AND UserID = ? And Shop_Global = ?
sql.DELETE_Sales2 = DELETE FROM Sales WHERE Sales_Code = ? AND UserID = ? And Shop_Global = ?
sql.DELETE_Sales3 = DELETE FROM Sales_Details WHERE Sales_Code = ? AND UserID = ? And Shop_Global = ?

With this system how can I easily migrate to KVS wit less pain.

jahswant

Licensed User
Longtime User
What exactly needs to be synchronized between the clients? Do you need to handle cases where a client is doing work offline?
I have a local database with 26 tables. I usually replicate the database every 5 minutes to the online database with same table structure and I also download the whole online database to my clients if there are no records to upload. I use jRDC2 now.

So for example : if the user make a new sale. The stock qty is decremented from local database, and new stock values are replicated on the server. So now other clients will download the updated data. is a way to reproduce this with CloudKVS ?

Upvote 0