Ongoing development of B4A

DoctorGerry

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have done a little Visual Basic programming over the years. I'm no great shakes as a developer....in fact, if I was being highly complimentary I'd still only describe myself as a hobbyist, but I recently thought I'd like to give Android development a go. I have tried to learn Java a couple of times in the past, but given up, so I was rather excited when I found B4A a couple of days ago. I'm so impressed that I'm about to fork over my cash and buy a license. I was going to go for the enterprise license, then I noticed that the last release of B4A appears to have been in 2007 (is that right?.....tht is the date on the post that is linked to from the Home page), so I was just wondering if anyone knows what the future plans are for updates to B4A? Either way I'm going to buy a license, but if there's not likely to be any updates for a few years I may as well just buy the standard license. I notice there are plenty of current posts in the forum, so obviously there are a lot of people currently using B4A for Android development, which is a good thing!

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know where you found that the last release of B4A was in 2007.
The first release of B4A (version 1.0) was launched in december 2010.
Now we are at version 2.02, so more than 10 releases in 18 months.
I could only recommend you to buy the Enterprise version you won't regret it.

Best regards.

Upvote 0

DoctorGerry

Licensed User
Longtime User
D'Oh! My Bad!

I see the problem! I clicked on the 'v2.02 is released' link on the home page, then mistook the 'join date' at the top right of that post for the date the post was posted. Sorry for the confusion.....I suppose that explains why I was crap at trying to learn Java....! Thanks for your replies. I'm off to buy a license.

Upvote 0