iOS Question Opening up a hosted app in XCODE - code does not work - missing libraries

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello
Could someone please direct me to a tutorial, whereas we can get our cloud working iOS debug version xcode project to open up and do everything perfectly as normal in XCODE? What should the directory structure look like. I installed JDK. What else? It needs the core libraries. Is there a step by step guide, in case you want to use XCode to do the final touches?

Also can you edit in XCode and go back to the hosted app in Windows? If so how?
Which file structure needs to be apparent. Xcode forces a splash (as mentioned in my previous thread) but that's not all - it handles startup orientations and also handles the iOS simulator.

How can I see what my B4i app will run like in other simulators?

Simon

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello. Yes I understand that there are no simulators in Windows, my question was that it doesn't work by directly opening up in XCode because it complains about core.io and lots of other dependencies. What settings have to be done in xcode to be b4i friendly?

Upvote 0

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I'm making a program in Windows, then trying to open up the .xcodproj in Xcode.

It is obviously missing the links to the B4I libraries. How do I change Xcode or the file structure. It complains about missing Core.h. Then a million other things. I tried placing it in the same src directory to no avail. I'd like to also compile and manipulate in Xcode.

Simon - see pic

Attachments

• Failed_My_First_Application_in_Xcode.png
    Failed_My_First_Application_in_Xcode.png
    143.1 KB · Views: 290
Upvote 0

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
I'm taking the source code from the PC version and opening up the .xcodeproj direct in Xcode. I have installed the macbuilder, but don't use it for this. I thought you could take any raw Xcode sample and run it straight from Xcode from the OBJ/SRC directory? What do I need to do on the Mac for it to be B4I friendly and take whatever I do in Windows and compile in Xcode on Mac?

Simon

Upvote 0

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
Consistent Problem #1: Hi, Ok I have tried this many times - and it is really almost impossible. I can use the hosted builder, or I can use an Xcode builder. My preference is to use an Xcode builder, but there is absolutely no way the program opens in Xcode. Are you able to help with a directory setup zipped application so I know where the files and libraries go with the B4I source pointed to the right spots so I can literally edit in B4i, and build in Xcode (obviously provision my IP addresses), and then open the EXACT XCode application source that was just built.

Problem #2: No matter what I do, with Default.png in special/files or in the root - it NEVER shows on an iPhone 4. In fact I see no launch screens on any app in any B4i application, not even the marketplace ones. Is there an app that has a timer to prove it works? I guess thats why I want the backup of Xcode to do extra little things where B4i is genius at layout and logic.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I open the projects with Xcode many times when I develop new features.

However you do not need to do it at all. You can add any file you like to the Special folder and it will be included in the project. By default no launch file is added for iPhone 4. Only for iPhone 5, 6 and 6+. The reason that it is added for these devices is to prevent them from running in "compatibility mode".

Using a timer will not help here as the NavigationController is created before your code even starts.

Upvote 0

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, but I want to open it up in Xcode so I can add other native features not yet developed in B4i yet as libraries. I added a launch file though, Default.png, compiled to release and it just didn't work.

Isn't the launch file supposed to load the program into memory. Has anyone ever seen a launch file? I just want to see it working. In Xcode there are events before the launch is initiated, like checking various low level hardware items that can change the way you may want to draw a screen, which takes time, so naturally the launch screen is intended to show you something is happening.

So how can I open a B4i XCode project? It just simply doesn't work. It complains about libraries missing.
Simon

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is not the correct way to add features to B4i. If you like to add a feature then you should create a library or use the new inline code feature. Opening the project through Xcode will not provide anything useful.

If you do want to open it then you should be able to. The libraries are installed on your Mac and the source code is available for you. You can even start a new project and add all the required files.
You need to learn about how Xcode work to be able to properly work with it.

About the launch image, for an iPhone 4s you need to add an image named [email protected] to the "special" folder. The size of this image should be 640x960.

This is my last reply to this thread...

Upvote 0

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes but by doing that I get this below, which signifies to me I have to alter the settings in the Plist- perhaps something I've missed in configuration? Without it, it works fine.

Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Out: Build settings from command line:
ARCHS = armv7 arm64
CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone
CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload
OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS = --keychain mypassword
PRODUCT_NAME = B4i Example
PROVISIONING_PROFILE = 671b99c5-5129-42ee-a280-ece7ad4df9d2

=== BUILD TARGET B4iProject OF PROJECT B4iProject WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===

Check dependencies

Write auxiliary files
/bin/mkdir -p /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build
write-file /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-project-headers.hmap
/bin/mkdir -p /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7
write-file /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/B4i\ Example.LinkFileList
write-file /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example.hmap
write-file /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-all-non-framework-target-headers.hmap
write-file /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-own-target-headers.hmap
write-file /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-generated-files.hmap
/bin/mkdir -p /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64
write-file /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/B4i\ Example.LinkFileList
write-file /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-all-target-headers.hmap

Create product structure
/bin/mkdir -p /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload/B4i\ Example.app

ProcessInfoPlistFile Payload/B4i\ Example.app/Info.plist B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist
cd /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword
export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin"
builtin-infoPlistUtility /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist -genpkginfo /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/PkgInfo -expandbuildsettings -format binary -platform iphoneos -resourcerulesfile /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/ResourceRules.plist -o /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/Info.plist

CpResource /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.0.sdk/ResourceRules.plist Payload/B4i\ Example.app/ResourceRules.plist
export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin"
builtin-copy -exclude .DS_Store -exclude CVS -exclude .svn -exclude .git -exclude .hg -resolve-src-symlinks /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.0.sdk/ResourceRules.plist /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload/B4i\ Example.app

CompileC build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/main.o B4iProject/main.m normal armv7 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
export LANG=en_US.US-ASCII
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -x objective-c -arch armv7 -fmessage-length=0 -fdiagnostics-show-note-include-stack -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 -std=gnu99 -fobjc-arc -fmodules -fmodules-prune-interval=86400 -fmodules-prune-after=345600 -Wnon-modular-include-in-framework-module -Werror=non-modular-include-in-framework-module -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O0 -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-missing-prototypes -Werror=return-type -Wno-implicit-atomic-properties -Werror=deprecated-objc-isa-usage -Werror=objc-root-class -Wno-receiver-is-weak -Wno-arc-repeated-use-of-weak -Wduplicate-method-match -Wno-missing-braces -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wunused-function -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-parameter -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Wempty-body -Wconditional-uninitialized -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-shadow -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-conversion -Wconstant-conversion -Wint-conversion -Wbool-conversion -Wenum-conversion -Wshorten-64-to-32 -Wpointer-sign -Wno-newline-eof -Wno-selector -Wno-strict-selector-match -Wundeclared-selector -Wno-deprecated-implementations -DNS_BLOCK_ASSERTIONS=1 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.0.sdk -fstrict-aliasing -Wprotocol -Wdeprecated-declarations -fvisibility=hidden -Wno-sign-conversion -miphoneos-version-min=7.0 -iquote /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-generated-files.hmap -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-own-target-headers.hmap -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-all-target-headers.hmap -iquote /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-project-headers.hmap -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload/include -I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources/armv7 -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources -F/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload -F../../Libs -MMD -MT dependencies -MF /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/main.d --serialize-diagnostics /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/main.dia -c /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/B4iProject/main.m -o /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/main.o

CompileC build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/b4i_main.o B4iProject/b4i_main.m normal armv7 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -x objective-c -arch armv7 -fmessage-length=0 -fdiagnostics-show-note-include-stack -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 -std=gnu99 -fobjc-arc -fmodules -fmodules-prune-interval=86400 -fmodules-prune-after=345600 -Wnon-modular-include-in-framework-module -Werror=non-modular-include-in-framework-module -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O0 -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-missing-prototypes -Werror=return-type -Wno-implicit-atomic-properties -Werror=deprecated-objc-isa-usage -Werror=objc-root-class -Wno-receiver-is-weak -Wno-arc-repeated-use-of-weak -Wduplicate-method-match -Wno-missing-braces -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wunused-function -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-parameter -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Wempty-body -Wconditional-uninitialized -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-shadow -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-conversion -Wconstant-conversion -Wint-conversion -Wbool-conversion -Wenum-conversion -Wshorten-64-to-32 -Wpointer-sign -Wno-newline-eof -Wno-selector -Wno-strict-selector-match -Wundeclared-selector -Wno-deprecated-implementations -DNS_BLOCK_ASSERTIONS=1 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.0.sdk -fstrict-aliasing -Wprotocol -Wdeprecated-declarations -fvisibility=hidden -Wno-sign-conversion -miphoneos-version-min=7.0 -iquote /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-generated-files.hmap -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-own-target-headers.hmap -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-all-target-headers.hmap -iquote /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-project-headers.hmap -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload/include -I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources/armv7 -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources -F/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload -F../../Libs -MMD -MT dependencies -MF /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/b4i_main.d --serialize-diagnostics /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/b4i_main.dia -c /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/B4iProject/b4i_main.m -o /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/b4i_main.o

CompileC build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/main.o B4iProject/main.m normal arm64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -x objective-c -arch arm64 -fmessage-length=0 -fdiagnostics-show-note-include-stack -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 -std=gnu99 -fobjc-arc -fmodules -fmodules-prune-interval=86400 -fmodules-prune-after=345600 -Wnon-modular-include-in-framework-module -Werror=non-modular-include-in-framework-module -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O0 -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-missing-prototypes -Werror=return-type -Wno-implicit-atomic-properties -Werror=deprecated-objc-isa-usage -Werror=objc-root-class -Wno-receiver-is-weak -Wno-arc-repeated-use-of-weak -Wduplicate-method-match -Wno-missing-braces -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wunused-function -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-parameter -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Wempty-body -Wconditional-uninitialized -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-shadow -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-conversion -Wconstant-conversion -Wint-conversion -Wbool-conversion -Wenum-conversion -Wshorten-64-to-32 -Wpointer-sign -Wno-newline-eof -Wno-selector -Wno-strict-selector-match -Wundeclared-selector -Wno-deprecated-implementations -DNS_BLOCK_ASSERTIONS=1 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.0.sdk -fstrict-aliasing -Wprotocol -Wdeprecated-declarations -fvisibility=hidden -Wno-sign-conversion -miphoneos-version-min=7.0 -iquote /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-generated-files.hmap -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-own-target-headers.hmap -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-all-target-headers.hmap -iquote /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-project-headers.hmap -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload/include -I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources/arm64 -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources -F/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload -F../../Libs -MMD -MT dependencies -MF /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/main.d --serialize-diagnostics /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/main.dia -c /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/B4iProject/main.m -o /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/main.o

CompileC build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/b4i_main.o B4iProject/b4i_main.m normal arm64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -x objective-c -arch arm64 -fmessage-length=0 -fdiagnostics-show-note-include-stack -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 -std=gnu99 -fobjc-arc -fmodules -fmodules-prune-interval=86400 -fmodules-prune-after=345600 -Wnon-modular-include-in-framework-module -Werror=non-modular-include-in-framework-module -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O0 -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-missing-prototypes -Werror=return-type -Wno-implicit-atomic-properties -Werror=deprecated-objc-isa-usage -Werror=objc-root-class -Wno-receiver-is-weak -Wno-arc-repeated-use-of-weak -Wduplicate-method-match -Wno-missing-braces -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wunused-function -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-parameter -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Wempty-body -Wconditional-uninitialized -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-shadow -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-conversion -Wconstant-conversion -Wint-conversion -Wbool-conversion -Wenum-conversion -Wshorten-64-to-32 -Wpointer-sign -Wno-newline-eof -Wno-selector -Wno-strict-selector-match -Wundeclared-selector -Wno-deprecated-implementations -DNS_BLOCK_ASSERTIONS=1 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.0.sdk -fstrict-aliasing -Wprotocol -Wdeprecated-declarations -fvisibility=hidden -Wno-sign-conversion -miphoneos-version-min=7.0 -iquote /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-generated-files.hmap -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-own-target-headers.hmap -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-all-target-headers.hmap -iquote /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-project-headers.hmap -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload/include -I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources/arm64 -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources -F/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload -F../../Libs -MMD -MT dependencies -MF /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/b4i_main.d --serialize-diagnostics /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/b4i_main.dia -c /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/B4iProject/b4i_main.m -o /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/b4i_main.o

Ld build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/B4i\ Example normal armv7
export IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=7.0
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -arch armv7 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.0.sdk -L/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload -L../../Libs -F/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload -F../../Libs -filelist /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/B4i\ Example.LinkFileList -ObjC -fobjc-arc -fobjc-link-runtime -miphoneos-version-min=7.0 -lCore -framework Foundation -framework CoreGraphics -framework UIKit -framework AVFoundation -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/B4i\ Example_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/B4i\ Example

Ld build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/B4i\ Example normal arm64
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -arch arm64 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.0.sdk -L/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload -L../../Libs -F/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload -F../../Libs -filelist /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/B4i\ Example.LinkFileList -ObjC -fobjc-arc -fobjc-link-runtime -miphoneos-version-min=7.0 -lCore -framework Foundation -framework CoreGraphics -framework UIKit -framework AVFoundation -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/B4i\ Example_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/B4i\ Example

CreateUniversalBinary Payload/B4i\ Example.app/B4i\ Example normal armv7\ arm64
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/lipo -create /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/B4i\ Example /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/B4i\ Example -output /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/B4i\ Example

CopyPNGFile Payload/B4i\ Example.app/[email protected] [email protected]
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/copypng /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/[email protected] /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/[email protected]

CopyPNGFile Payload/B4i\ Example.app/icon-60.png icon-60.png
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/copypng /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/icon-60.png /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/icon-60.png

CopyPNGFile Payload/B4i\ Example.app/icon-76.png icon-76.png
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/copypng /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/icon-76.png /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/icon-76.png

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/copypng /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/[email protected] /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/[email protected]

CopyPNGFile Payload/B4i\ Example.app/appicon-60.png appicon-60.png
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/copypng /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/appicon-60.png /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/appicon-60.png

CopyPNGFile Payload/B4i\ Example.app/appicon-72.png appicon-72.png
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/copypng /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/appicon-72.png /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/appicon-72.png

CopyPNGFile Payload/B4i\ Example.app/appicon-Small-40.png appicon-Small-40.png
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/copypng /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/appicon-Small-40.png /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/appicon-Small-40.png

CopyPNGFile Payload/B4i\ Example.app/appicon-76.png appicon-76.png
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/copypng /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/appicon-76.png /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/appicon-76.png

CopyPNGFile Payload/B4i\ Example.app/appicon-Small-50.png appicon-Small-50.png
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/copypng /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/appicon-Small-50.png /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/appicon-Small-50.png

CopyPNGFile Payload/B4i\ Example.app/appicon-Small.png appicon-Small.png
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/copypng /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/appicon-Small.png /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/appicon-Small.png

CopyPNGFile Payload/B4i\ Example.app/appicon.png appicon.png
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/copypng /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/appicon.png /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/appicon.png

CopyPlistFile Payload/B4i\ Example.app/B4iProject-Info.plist B4iProject-Info.plist
builtin-copyPlist --convert binary1 --outdir /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/Payload/B4i\ Example.app -- B4iProject-Info.plist
/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/mypassword/B4iProject-Info.plist:0: error: reading plist: The data couldn’t be read because it isn’t in the correct format.

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
CopyPlistFile Payload/B4i\ Example.app/B4iProject-Info.plist B4iProject-Info.plist
(1 failure)

Upvote 0

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi and thanks for this. Still no luck, If it helps my app source is located elsewhere to my c:\b4i. It's on another drive, but all the correct PNG files are in the special/files. I removed the plist from the special/files, and put it into the installation folder\Project but got this. Thanks in advance.

Parsing code. 0.00
Compiling code. 0.02
Compiling layouts code. 0.02
Compiling debugger engine code. 0.53
Building Xcode project 0.42
Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Out: Build settings from command line:
ARCHS = armv7
CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone
CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/Payload
OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS = --keychain aumut74
PRODUCT_NAME = B4i Example
PROVISIONING_PROFILE = 671b99c5-5129-42ee-a280-ece7ad4df9d2

=== BUILD TARGET B4iProject OF PROJECT B4iProject WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===

Check dependencies

Write auxiliary files
/bin/mkdir -p /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build
write-file /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-project-headers.hmap
/bin/mkdir -p /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7
write-file /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/B4i\ Example.LinkFileList
write-file /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example.hmap
write-file /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-all-non-framework-target-headers.hmap
write-file /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-own-target-headers.hmap
write-file /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-generated-files.hmap
write-file /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-all-target-headers.hmap

Create product structure
/bin/mkdir -p /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/Payload/B4i\ Example.app

ProcessInfoPlistFile Payload/B4i\ Example.app/Info.plist B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist
cd /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74
builtin-infoPlistUtility /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist -genpkginfo /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/PkgInfo -expandbuildsettings -format binary -platform iphoneos -resourcerulesfile /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/ResourceRules.plist -o /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/Info.plist

CpResource /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.0.sdk/ResourceRules.plist Payload/B4i\ Example.app/ResourceRules.plist
builtin-copy -exclude .DS_Store -exclude CVS -exclude .svn -exclude .git -exclude .hg -resolve-src-symlinks /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.0.sdk/ResourceRules.plist /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/Payload/B4i\ Example.app

CompileC build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/main.o B4iProject/main.m normal armv7 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -x objective-c -arch armv7 -fmessage-length=0 -fdiagnostics-show-note-include-stack -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 -std=gnu99 -fobjc-arc -fmodules -fmodules-prune-interval=86400 -fmodules-prune-after=345600 -Wnon-modular-include-in-framework-module -Werror=non-modular-include-in-framework-module -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O0 -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-missing-prototypes -Werror=return-type -Wno-implicit-atomic-properties -Werror=deprecated-objc-isa-usage -Werror=objc-root-class -Wno-receiver-is-weak -Wno-arc-repeated-use-of-weak -Wduplicate-method-match -Wno-missing-braces -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wunused-function -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-parameter -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Wempty-body -Wconditional-uninitialized -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-shadow -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-conversion -Wconstant-conversion -Wint-conversion -Wbool-conversion -Wenum-conversion -Wshorten-64-to-32 -Wpointer-sign -Wno-newline-eof -Wno-selector -Wno-strict-selector-match -Wundeclared-selector -Wno-deprecated-implementations -DNS_BLOCK_ASSERTIONS=1 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.0.sdk -fstrict-aliasing -Wprotocol -Wdeprecated-declarations -fvisibility=hidden -Wno-sign-conversion -miphoneos-version-min=7.0 -iquote /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-generated-files.hmap -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-own-target-headers.hmap -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-all-target-headers.hmap -iquote /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-project-headers.hmap -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/Payload/include -I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources/armv7 -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources -F/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/Payload -F../../Libs -MMD -MT dependencies -MF /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/main.d --serialize-diagnostics /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/main.dia -c /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/B4iProject/main.m -o /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/main.o

CompileC build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/b4i_main.o B4iProject/b4i_main.m normal armv7 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -x objective-c -arch armv7 -fmessage-length=0 -fdiagnostics-show-note-include-stack -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 -std=gnu99 -fobjc-arc -fmodules -fmodules-prune-interval=86400 -fmodules-prune-after=345600 -Wnon-modular-include-in-framework-module -Werror=non-modular-include-in-framework-module -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O0 -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-missing-prototypes -Werror=return-type -Wno-implicit-atomic-properties -Werror=deprecated-objc-isa-usage -Werror=objc-root-class -Wno-receiver-is-weak -Wno-arc-repeated-use-of-weak -Wduplicate-method-match -Wno-missing-braces -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wunused-function -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-parameter -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Wempty-body -Wconditional-uninitialized -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-shadow -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-conversion -Wconstant-conversion -Wint-conversion -Wbool-conversion -Wenum-conversion -Wshorten-64-to-32 -Wpointer-sign -Wno-newline-eof -Wno-selector -Wno-strict-selector-match -Wundeclared-selector -Wno-deprecated-implementations -DNS_BLOCK_ASSERTIONS=1 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.0.sdk -fstrict-aliasing -Wprotocol -Wdeprecated-declarations -fvisibility=hidden -Wno-sign-conversion -miphoneos-version-min=7.0 -iquote /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-generated-files.hmap -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-own-target-headers.hmap -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-all-target-headers.hmap -iquote /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-project-headers.hmap -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/Payload/include -I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources/armv7 -I/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources -F/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/Payload -F../../Libs -MMD -MT dependencies -MF /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/b4i_main.d --serialize-diagnostics /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/b4i_main.dia -c /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/B4iProject/b4i_main.m -o /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/b4i_main.o

Ld Payload/B4i\ Example.app/B4i\ Example normal armv7
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -arch armv7 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.0.sdk -L/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/Payload -L../../Libs -F/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/Payload -F../../Libs -filelist /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/B4i\ Example.LinkFileList -ObjC -fobjc-arc -fobjc-link-runtime -miphoneos-version-min=7.0 -lCore -framework Foundation -framework CoreGraphics -framework UIKit -framework AVFoundation -liDebug -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/B4i\ Example_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/B4i\ Example

CopyPNGFile Payload/B4i\ Example.app/icon-76.png icon-76.png
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/copypng /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/icon-76.png /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/icon-76.png

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/copypng /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/[email protected] /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/[email protected]

CopyPNGFile Payload/B4i\ Example.app/icon-60.png icon-60.png
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/copypng /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/icon-60.png /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/icon-60.png

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/copypng /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/[email protected] /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/[email protected]

CpResource b4i_host_ip.txt Payload/B4i\ Example.app/b4i_host_ip.txt
builtin-copy -exclude .DS_Store -exclude CVS -exclude .svn -exclude .git -exclude .hg -resolve-src-symlinks /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/b4i_host_ip.txt /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/Payload/B4i\ Example.app

CopyPlistFile Payload/B4i\ Example.app/1B4iProject-Info.plist 1B4iProject-Info.plist
builtin-copyPlist --convert binary1 --outdir /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/Payload/B4i\ Example.app -- 1B4iProject-Info.plist
/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/aumut74/1B4iProject-Info.plist:0: error: reading plist: The data couldn’t be read because it isn’t in the correct format.

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
CopyPlistFile Payload/B4i\ Example.app/1B4iProject-Info.plist 1B4iProject-Info.plist
(1 failure)

Upvote 0

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
My mistake. I changed the name of the Plist to void it but it still used it, so i completely removed it and yes - you are correct.

Upvote 0