B4J Question OpenJDK 11 - run non-GUI app on Ubuntu Fileserver/Webserver

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I just set up a new developer-computer with Windows 10 and installed OpenJDK 11 on this computer.

I have a non-GUI B4J-app (fileserver/webserver) running on a Ubuntu-computer in our local network.
I have now added new functionality to my FIle/Webserver B4J-app and I now need to deploy it on the Ubuntu-computer. It currently has Oracle Java 8 installed.
I want to install OpenJDK 11 also on the Ubuntu-computer because of the licensing.

When testing GUI B4J-apps on my local developer computer, I noted that I now need to use B4JPackager11 to run such GUI-apps in standalone-mode.
When deploying the non-GUI app to the Ubuntu-computer, I read that I cannot use B4JPackager11. How do I run my non-GUI B4J-app on the ubuntu-computer? Will the usual command-line method still work or do I need to do it in another way.

Sorry, I am just trying to see what problems I might face in order to reduce downtime as much as possible.

Any hints would be most welcome. Thanks.

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Depending on Ubuntu version, apt can install OpenJDK 11. There should actually a package that just installs the JRE. There is a headless version that does not include all the unnecessary GUI elements. And yes, command line will still work as usual. Currently on my phone, but here is a hint/link:

Upvote 0