Android Question Overlay button

clooney48

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi!

Is it possible to create an overlay button on GMaps? This overlay button should start another app.

Procedure: First I want to start GMaps, then the b4a micro program with the overlay button (this micro program consists only of the overlay button). When I press the overlay button another app should be started. I hope it is clear.

eurojam

Licensed User
Longtime User
what means overlay button. shall the button be related to gmaps (position....markers....)?

Upvote 0

clooney48

Licensed User
Longtime User
what means overlay button. shall the button be related to gmaps (position....markers....)?
No. This button has nothing to do with GMaps. It is only used for starting comfortably and quick another program which I need for my travel too.

Upvote 0

eurojam

Licensed User
Longtime User
This would be the second part (starting the other app). But how do I get a button (i.e. red dot) on the map of GMaps??
this is difficult to say without additional information about your project. Is it a webview with a html based google map or is it android google map?

Upvote 0

clooney48

Licensed User
Longtime User
I want to start the original GMaps app, then my small program with the overlay button.
There are programs which run in the background and you can overlay only a widget or sth. similar in the foreground of another program which is active at the moment.

Upvote 0