Own B4X Forum section

Blueforcer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I often go in search of something new. I just browse around.
Since I work mainly in B4J I search of course mainly in the B4J section. However, I do not see the B4X things that are posted in B4I or B4A, but can also be used for B4J.

I would therefore wish that there is a separate section for B4X, so that you can see everything in one place.

Blueforcer

Licensed User
Longtime User

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The Search engine can use as litle as 3 letters, so you can serach for "[B4X]" and find all thos posts ...

Blueforcer

Licensed User
Longtime User
The Search engine can use as litle as 3 letters, so you can serach for "[B4X]" and find all thos posts ...
Have you tried it yourself?
Searching for "[B4X]" brings up just 70 entries, 7 of which are from the B4J forum and only 1 from B4R. There are a lot of entries missing. Even the newest B4X post in the B4J Forum wont show up.

Apart from that the search function is confusing for that case of usage, since an entry takes up much more space than in the normal forum (so only 10 per Page), where "B4" and "4" is also highlighted and also searches the content of the posts.

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I just did...
If you leave the time filter untouched, in fact only 70 entries... BUT, choosing "last week" gives me 50 entries, and "last day" gives me again 70 entries...
Yes, I can understand that the forum search has a bit of a hard time searching and indexing the particular 3 letters... specifically since they are part of the product name itself, but it works and produces a quite extensive list.

Blueforcer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Cumbersome always goes:)
But the fact is, even the search does not offer all entries at once.
Therefore, I still believe that B4X posts that apply to multiple platforms should not appear only in one platform section.
Like the "Teaching Programming with B4X". Its not listed in every single IDE section, because it applies to every platform, therefore it has its own in general.