Android Question Paid app x Courtesy

adriano.freitas

Hi!

I'm making an app that will contain a free and a premium version.

I would like to offer the premium features as a courtesy to certain people, however, the google playstore does not allow to enter people who will be able to download the premium version of without paying. I then thought about the possibility of the application verifying the account used in the google playstore and releasing or not premium features according to it.

My question: How to get the default email from the google play store? I saw some posts about getting accounts from the device, but without the possibility of identifying the one used for the download.

If that's not possible, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

adriano.freitas

you could use a In App Purchase option and give your users a Coupon code that will unlock all features.

Thanks for the sugestion!

I've never used in-app purchases, so I don't know details yet. But is there a way to provide unique coupons, which cannot be reused (to avoid redistribution)? Are these coupons created on the Google platform or through the app?

Thank you very much!

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User

I've never used in-app purchases, so I don't know details yet. But is there a way to provide unique coupons, which cannot be reused (to avoid redistribution)? Are these coupons created on the Google platform or through the app?

Thank you very much!

You can select one time use coupon, and yes the coupons can be created on the Developer console

Upvote 0

adriano.freitas

You can select one time use coupon, and yes the coupons can be created on the Developer console
Thank you all so much, I'll look into the matter. Just one more question... The application currently exists, but I wanted it to have this feature in the next update. Is it possible or would I have to create a new app on the Play Store?

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Thank you very much!
Yes u can

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you all so much, I'll look into the matter. Just one more question... The application currently exists, but I wanted it to have this feature in the next update. Is it possible or would I have to create a new app on the Play Store?

It's possible to create this feature in the existing application, in the next update. Sure

Upvote 0