Bug? Pasting colours into the designer loses alpha value

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I can't fully characterise this but I have changed a lot of label background colours in an app and gone through each pasting #FFF0F0F0 into the label Drawable color property. When I then ran the app I noticed that the colour hasn't taken and when I go back to the designer the colour value is correct but the alpha value has been set to zero, i.e. #00F0F0F0. The previous colour values were the transparent default so it might have taken the alpha value from there.

This isn't just a once off, it has happened on at least three occasions as I have worked through all the variants in the app's various layouts.

This has happened on both B4A v9.90 and v10.0 Beta #1.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
JtsCHYmEpD.gif

I'm unable to reproduce it. Is it possible that you left the hash sign as happened to me when I created this gif?

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That's probably not the reason. If you double click the colour it only selects the numeric part so as your gif indicates you get the hash left behind. If you then paste a hash prefixed colour value and press enter then the old value seems to be retained. What I was seeing was that the new colour value was retained but with the alpha value set to 00. Like you I can't now replicate it deliberately and I can't remember exactly the sequence of actions when I noticed it so mark it up to my finger trouble for now and if I see it again I will try to replicate it immediately when hopefully I can emember exactly what I did.